when do i move stages?

ladyjayne

Reaction score
Hi
I've been weaning my little one for a month now so i started early (at 5 months not 6) but because i started early does that mean i can move stages early too or just keep him on stage 1 purees for longer?
My HV said i can give mushy potato and carrot with gravy for xmas dinner but should i make it into a puree or can i leave it a little lumpy?? its all soo confusing. :shrug:

I don't know a lot about purees, but I would have thought that you can move to lumpy food earlier because you started earlier, yes. Your baby might gag on lumpy food at first though but will get used to it. You can give finger foods from about 6m too, so you could give the carrots like that.

o brilliant, i was hoping we could. Thanks for the help!! xx

I don't listen to the 'from 7 months' on the jars, I just go by how I feel Amelie is coping. She eats sandwiches so I knew she could handle some baby pasta LOL

I would start with finger foods, get those well established then move onto the stage 2 foods, i have been weaning summer since 5 months, she's getting pretty good with finger foods now but at 7 months she hadnt tried much and when i tried her with stage 2 jars she choked alot and they were very very lumpy. Give the finger foods a go and just see how you go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->