when do i move stages?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by ladyjayne, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ladyjayne

ladyjayne Well-Known Member

Hi
    I've been weaning my little one for a month now so i started early (at 5 months not 6) but because i started early does that mean i can move stages early too or just keep him on stage 1 purees for longer?
    My HV said i can give mushy potato and carrot with gravy for xmas dinner but should i make it into a puree or can i leave it a little lumpy?? its all soo confusing. :shrug:

2. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I don't know a lot about purees, but I would have thought that you can move to lumpy food earlier because you started earlier, yes. Your baby might gag on lumpy food at first though but will get used to it. You can give finger foods from about 6m too, so you could give the carrots like that.

3. ladyjayne

ladyjayne Well-Known Member

o brilliant, i was hoping we could. Thanks for the help!! xx

4. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I don't listen to the 'from 7 months' on the jars, I just go by how I feel Amelie is coping. She eats sandwiches so I knew she could handle some baby pasta LOL

5. Kayleigh09

Kayleigh09 Well-Known Member

I would start with finger foods, get those well established then move onto the stage 2 foods, i have been weaning summer since 5 months, she's getting pretty good with finger foods now but at 7 months she hadnt tried much and when i tried her with stage 2 jars she choked alot and they were very very lumpy. Give the finger foods a go and just see how you go :)