When do they stop labor?

mommy2be412

Reaction score
Up until how many weeks will they stop labor? And how do they stop it, is there one type of medication they use and does it make you then have an overdue baby?

I'm not sure to be honest but I'm 33 weeks and thought pre labour might be kicking in. They gave me the steroid jabs but said they wouldn't stop me at 33 weeks x

I was told they won't stop labour from 35weeks onwards. but injections to strengthen baby's lungs will b needed if labour starts at that gestation

We dont get steroids after 34 weeks here, so I'm assuming its about the same time

They stop labour with medication before 36w at my hospital.

Wow, not stopping labor at 33 weeks? My doc and hospital stops labor anytime before 36 weeks. Then unless there is an issue they do not stop labor.

My OB said that they don't worry about contractions after 34 weeks, so I'm assuming they wouldn't try to stop labor at that point. I had contractions coming every 2-3 minutes at 29 weeks, and they gave me Nifedipine to stop them. I'm not sure about other methods to stop labor, but I know the Nifedipine would not make you go overdue, as it clears out of your system within about 6 hours, I think.

They will stop labor anytime before 36 weeks here. They use Procardia and/or magnesium sulfate to stop labor, but it doesn't cause you to go overdue.

I just had the shot Saturday but had a bad reaction to it so was told I wouldn't get it again. I think they would just monitor me and do an early csection if needed.

They will only stop it in my hospital if you havnt had steroids as the purpose of stopoing labour is to try and get steroids in your system for the babies lungs. If you have had steroids then they will let you deliver, they thought I was in labour at 27weeks and because I had already had the steroids then they told me they wouldn't prevent the delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->