When do you announce?

actresscye

Reaction score
So I got my BFP yesterday and today. Of course I immediately told my parents. But I'm wondering when do you tell people at your workplace? Friends? Family?

I want to share the news so badly that it's hard sometimes keeping it all to myself

Congrats!! It's always a personal choice of when to tell people. Good Luck!

Congrats!! Well I found out at 3 weeks 3 days, and told my parents, siblings, and bestfriends. I asked everyone to keep it a secret though until I was ready to say anything. My family knows now at 7 weeks. I am not announcing it online or anything though until I am out of the first trimester. It's a personal choice. I was so worried at first, then I realized that if something bad happens, god forbid, that I am going to be devastated no matter who knows about it, and I wouldn't midn the support. It's up to you! Good luck :)

I'm almost 10 weeks and very few people know. I won't be telling my kids for a couple more months. I would hate to tell them and then have something happen. So longer I hold off the better.

Congrats on your bfp, i think i would wait till 12 weeks but it is totally a personal preference.

We waited till 8 weeks, when I had a scan and saw everything was fine and then told everyone. We didn't tell anyone before that.
It really just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Congrats on your BFP!!

Its totally a personal choice, I personally have not told people yet (including my parents). We are waiting two more weeks when I'll be nearly 18 weeks before telling people. I have had 3 MCs before and just found it too traumatic to go through with people after it happens, so waiting till MC is almost impossible before spreading the good news!

Good luck!

Congrats, I waited 12 weeks but it definitely is when you feel comfortable.

We didn't wait to tell anyone, really, with either of my pregnancies. Unfortunately, I did lose my second at 12.5 weeks, and, honestly, I'm glad that people knew I was pregnant when it happened. I needed all of the love & support I could get. Plus, it was really tough to keep it quiet as to why I felt so crappy all of the time during the first trimester.

Really, it's a personal choice, and when/if we are able to conceive again, we're not going to to ANYONE until we have to due to judgemental family members.

Congrats on your BFP!!

Its totally a personal choice, I personally have not told people yet (including my parents). We are waiting two more weeks when I'll be nearly 18 weeks before telling people. I have had 3 MCs before and just found it too traumatic to go through with people after it happens, so waiting till MC is almost impossible before spreading the good news!

Good luck!

wow i salute you for keeping it a secret that long!! im rubbish and was fit to burst as soon as i found out...altho we have only told family and select few friends...will tell everyone else after scan

but it is totally upto you wether you wait or not xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->