When do you call relatives

Meilan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new here. I've been lurking, but now that I'm past the 12 week mark, I made myself an account :)
Right now I actually need your help a little bit.

My husband is really upset at the moment. So I wanted your opinions on this.

I'm due in July. We've already made a list of phone numbers he has to call when the baby is here. Will be having the baby in hospital.

Husband's SIL just had a baby boy last Friday and we only heard just now through his mother. On top of that it was a c-section scheduled since the start of the month and we didn't now.
Hubbie is really upset about this. That his brother hasn't even bothered contacting him! Now he refuses to call his brother to congratulate him and he even deleted him from our list of phone numbers to call. He says his mum can call him 3 days after birth!
Now, I understand that you don't call everyone straight away. But to not call your brother?! At all?! My brothers and sister expect a phone call as soon as the baby is here. I would too.
I tried sushing him by saying they probably didn't think it was that important as it's their third.

When do you call parents and siblings?

Thanks in advance!
Love
Meilan
14+2

:hi: Welcome! We only called a couple of people, my mom, his mom and dad, and Suz (another Mod on here so that she could tell the forum that I'd given birth). I let them call everyone else.

I called my mum & his mum and let them ring round with news of there grandchild x

I didn't call my brother right away. He lives really far away! If he'd lived closer I would've texted or called right away though. With this one he'll be getting a text or call right away!

I called my mom and my sister and my brother when I was in labour. I guess we called OH's parents as well. Once baby was here I called my grandma and I texted a couple friends. News spreads quickly in my family, lol.

And then one person posted on facebook and then the whole world knew.

my OH texted his brother and phoned my parents and his parents, every one else was texted.

called in laws straight away and text my parents 5 hours later- they told everyone else, tbh it was the last thing either of us felt like doing!

I'm going to have a list of family/friends to notify when i go into labour.. plus, pinkmac85 will let everyone here on the forum know...
and then after i have the baby, i'll probably end up texting people, and calling other people that i know will want to come see me in the hospital (providing i'm up to seeing visitors).
I think it really depends on what you want... A girl I know called everyone she knew to tell them.. and someone else I know only told close family right away.

My sister was with me in the hospital so she knew straight away, Lola's dad's parents were called the next day and my parents were called two weeks later.

Close friends were told straigh away and some more distant ones later on...

well me partner and mum were with my in hospital, and my mum let all our close family no after an hour or so, and james let the inlaws know quite quickly.

i txt my friends later that day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->