When do you finish up work?

Nel.B

First time mum to Amelia
Reaction score
Just curious to know when do I finish up work? I'm in an office that's really not that stressful. I'm sitting down all the time. I'm due 22 July 2010 and my boss has tentatively put me down for leaving 22 June 2010. Surely I can still work (providing everything is going well) for more than 4 weeks before I'm due!

I don't see why you'd have to go that early. I stand for most of my day but plan on working as far into July as I can (I'm due July 30th). My boss is currently on maternity leave and she worked up until the friday before her scheduled c-section on the following Monday lol.

I'll probably plan to leave the end of June sometime since I'm due July 6th. Maybe June 22nd or so if I can last that long..depending if I have complications etc.

Can you work from home at all near the end? I have a work friend who is due Dec 24 & she is still working - she actually came in to the office one day this week for meetings. But now she's at home working.

I am due 29 June and plan to work as long as I can.

Well I was thinking providing all goes well, I'd finish between July 12th & 16th. That would give me a week at home to relax before getting into the swing of things with a new bub. I think any longer than that I'd go crazy.

I am 36wks on friday and still working - I am a high-school teacher - very stressful and on my feet all day - but I am lucky in that I dont even feel pregnant and I do have the tiniest cutest bump ever!

I am working 1 more week so will be 36+4 when I finish - I would work a bit longer but the school Christmas holidays begin:happydance:

im finding work really hard atm.. im a cashier and i don't stand in one place cause i work in an express lane which serves 2 counters at a time.. so im running back and forth.. i have cut down to 5 hour shifts 3 times a week.. ill see how far i can go but my tummy hurts at the end of the day as it is

i work in a care home so im on my feet all the time so im looking at around 14th june to leave all being well :)

I spoke with my HR, and she said that the latest I can got to maternity leave is 2 weeks before I am due. I guess every country have different policy for maternity leave.

Im due 2nd July and work from home but I plan to leave 4 weeks before (around 2nd June) as I have a feeling bubs will come early and would like time to chill before he/she arrives, Plus Im having the full 52 weeks off this time and taking some of my annual leave on top on that which I will have accrued during the year off.

I am also thinking of going back part time....:happydance:

In the UK the latest you can go on official maternity leave is your due date. You are entitled to the whole year entitlement of holiday inc bank holidays. Next year I get 30 days :happydance: but the plan as it stands is that I will go officially on maternity leave on my due date. But, I shall be taking off at least 3 weeks holiday before that and will probably have shorter weeks before that if I am allowed. I haven't told work yet so can't check yet, but I can't see them having a problem with that.

Don't let your boss make you go on maternity leave earlier than you want to. The way I see it, I want as much time with the baby as possible and so want to start my maternity leave as late as poss! xx

i worked till i was 38 weeks hun as long as you feel fine then all well you can leave at 29 weeks thats when leave can start but yeh work till the end if ya like dont over do it though xxx

I'm due on 30th July and plan to finish up 2-3 weeks before as want some time to put m feet up and get organised before bubba makes an appearance. Really tempted to finish earlier as I hate my job but just means I'll have less time afterwards so just going to stick it out ifI can.

I finish on Thursday (Christmas eve) when I will be nearly 33 weeks. I could go on for longer but I move house at the start of Jan so I want time to prepare bits and pieces.

i worked until 1wk 3days b4 i was due with my first i work in an office too- am going to work as long as i can this time too :happydance:

I'm due July 22nd and am planning on starting my 1 year mat leave as early in June as possible. The clients that I am booked on during June are extremely stressful and it's for a manager that is aweful to work for. But I accrue vacation while on mat leave so I'm going to use it all up at the end of my mat leave. But I am also not currently planning on going back to work when my leave is done.

I am due on 7th August and am planning to go on the 9th July. I had thought about working longer, but to be honest the end of year in school is so stressful and tiring anyway I wouldn't be any help, plus it will give my replacement a couple of weeks to get used to the school before starting officially in September. All the main teaching and progress of my class will be done by then anyway so I am going to look forward to having a proper rest!

I finish next Tuesday when I'll be 35+3 although i'm actually on holiday until January 4th, so my mat leave will start at 37+2

I'm ready to finish now. I'm very uncomfortable and tired.

I am also due July 22nd.

I was due 22nd Apr with my son and he was born on the 12th, 10 days earlier. I had started my leave on March 31st to give me time to relax and get the last little details ready before his arrival. I too worked in an office but was down to half days work because I was just so tired in my 8th month.

I am really happy I started my leave when I did. It gave me 12 days to rest before the many sleepless nights that came shortly after.

It is all a personnal choice. GO with what feels right to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->