When do you get feet in ribs?

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Is it too early for me? I've heard lots about feet in ribs, I've started getting pain/soreness under my right rib, if I rub it the area feels hard

:shrug:

I could tell it was a foot because I could grab it and wriggle it or gently try and push them out the way. Didn't always work. Started just after 30 weeks for me. I knew she was head down from all my growth scans. I now have a bum wedged under my left ribs, and all her limbs are on the right side.

Maybe it's not then, baby was traverse on thurs unless its moved round, but its so flipping painful

They can flip round constantly, just my little one hasn't. She's been head down since 22 weeks, she just used to switch which way she was facing.

Ive had a few kicks in the ribs the last week or so. Baby is head down since 28 weeks. Ive never been able to grab one and wriggle it though!!:) although i think it was his knee i was able to push back when he decided to check out my side one day!

Sounds like its bit early for this then for me I'm only 28weeks today. Another one of those things I guess lol

I felt a foot/knee/leg or whatever around the 35 week mark....and that's where it remained pretty much until she arrived. SUCH a relief when the burning rib sensation ended, at one point I thought I'd broken a couple of them!

Feel for you

xxxx

I've never gotten it. Even though she's head down.

DS used to kick me in the ribs constantly. It hurt. I actually bruised on the outside. I don't remember when it started. I know that I am 28w5d and I have felt LO's movements close enough to the ribs that it could happen. Sometimes its the feet, sometimes its the hands, I even think it can be the head or butt sometimes. I don't think position matters. What matters is where they are pushing to try to stretch out or get some room. It could very well be the baby causing that pain. That said, it seems a bit early to really be hurting yet. I know with DS I could feel it for a while before it became painful. The pain I think started near the end- the last month or so maybe?

I started getting dull pains around my left ribs around the beginning of 29 weeks. I assume it's feet, because he is constantly switching between transverse and head down. I usually stretch my left arm up when I'm sitting and it relieves it for me........... Sometimes... :haha:

Mine is breech !! but I constantly get a head in my ribs, especially when she stretches ouchy :( been able to feel it in ribs since bout 27 weeks... haha as Im writing this she decides to confirm my story by having a little stretch

I'm 29 weeks and my baby gets his foot hooked under my right rib.

Feels like a numb burning kind of weird like a chicken bone stuck in there!

Then he scarves what felt like little toenails across my rib and that made me wince! :)

I have been getting it since last week...... My boy twin has my bottom right ribs destroyed :wacko: he makes me wince daily with his huge kicks it's definitely something we can be doing without lol xx

Ooh it's making me wince just remembering!

I did wonder this as a lot of people have said 'ooh, are you feeling the feet under your ribs'?

Errmm, no actually, I've never felt anything high up, all my movement is low down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->