When do you plan to register?

sojourn

Soon to have 2 under 2
Reaction score
I wasn't really going to register, but pretty much the same thing happened with the baby that happened with my wedding. Lots of my close family that lives far away wanted to get us stuff but didn't know what we have or would need and asked us to register.

Baby showers came about because the community of mothers would pass down things from their own children while adding a few new things in. I like that better than people spending a fortune on stuff that's only going to be used for a few weeks/months.

I plan on registering at https://www.encorebabyregistry.com/ so that people can pick out nice, used things or give me hand-me-downs. Or, if they are like my grandma and will never buy anything used ever, they can pick new stuff. It also lets them pick out colors and patterns and stuff. Which I think is nice. People get to pick out the things they get for you, but know that it's something you actually need/want.

Anyway...I have been poking around on mine (which is hidden from the public) and adding things as I keep reading and finding things that I think I might want. I am not sure when it should be made public.

Does anyone plan on registering? If so, when do you plan on doing it?

I wasn't really going to register, but pretty much the same thing happened with the baby that happened with my wedding. Lots of my close family that lives far away wanted to get us stuff but didn't know what we have or would need and asked us to register.

Baby showers came about because the community of mothers would pass down things from their own children while adding a few new things in. I like that better than people spending a fortune on stuff that's only going to be used for a few weeks/months.

I plan on registering at https://www.encorebabyregistry.com/ so that people can pick out nice, used things or give me hand-me-downs. Or, if they are like my grandma and will never buy anything used ever, they can pick new stuff. It also lets them pick out colors and patterns and stuff. Which I think is nice. People get to pick out the things they get for you, but know that it's something you actually need/want.

Anyway...I have been poking around on mine (which is hidden from the public) and adding things as I keep reading and finding things that I think I might want. I am not sure when it should be made public.

Does anyone plan on registering? If so, when do you plan on doing it?

Ive started two actually already, but only added a few things to them, just so theyre open...we are going to do the "go to Babies R Us and use the scanning gun" some time in October, after we have told our parents (so probably around 14 to 15 weeks) i have alot of small stuff that ive picked up here or there, we need alot of the big things, stroller/crib/carseat etc. and i think that i will have to test the things out in the store to see what kind of stroller i like, etc etc :flower:

I guess we're a bit like you - we actually refused to get a wedding registry, because we really did not want people buying us items when we knew we would be moving far away and without moving expenses covered. It ticked off some people, but most people gave us some money. Some gave us gifts anyways and we had to unfortunately leave some of those behind when we moved. I'm hoping to avoid all of that this time around.

But, it's going to be tough for us since we have family in two different countries (and in the U.S., in more than one state) and we live in a third, an ocean away. I'm thinking of going with Amazon because, even though I am not a fan of their business practices as a whole, I can't think of any easier way for lots of people to send us things. Also, Amazon in German looks kind of like Amazon in English, so people should be able to figure out how to navigate both. I mean, the reality is that a LOT of people have used and can navigate Amazon, so it's much easier than trying to figure out a website or store they aren't used to, you know? Plus, Amazon has the advantage of a diverse selection and if an items runs out it's easy to sign back in, delete it, and add some others; they also tend to be cheaper than some of the name-brand stores... if you have some friends and family on a budget it's easy to add things like baby bottles, bath books, baby wipes, and diapers to those kinds of lists. I personally found it helpful when I was on a very tight budget a few years ago and could just pick a few items and have them directly shipped to my friends at a low or no cost. (If you are planning a shower, those items can also be sent to the person ordering from the registry and they can still wrap them up for you.)

I'm not planning to set this up until sometime in the second trimester when all the tests are done telling us everything is fine. I'm at 10 weeks now and due in March, so probably end of September or beginning of October for set up, then let people know about it. Something like that.

I guess we're a bit like you - we actually refused to get a wedding registry, because we really did not want people buying us items when we knew we would be moving far away and without moving expenses covered. It ticked off some people, but most people gave us some money. Some gave us gifts anyways and we had to unfortunately leave some of those behind when we moved. I'm hoping to avoid all of that this time around.

But, it's going to be tough for us since we have family in two different countries (and in the U.S., in more than one state) and we live in a third, an ocean away. I'm thinking of going with Amazon because, even though I am not a fan of their business practices as a whole, I can't think of any easier way for lots of people to send us things. Also, Amazon in German looks kind of like Amazon in English, so people should be able to figure out how to navigate both. I mean, the reality is that a LOT of people have used and can navigate Amazon, so it's much easier than trying to figure out a website or store they aren't used to, you know? Plus, Amazon has the advantage of a diverse selection and if an items runs out it's easy to sign back in, delete it, and add some others; they also tend to be cheaper than some of the name-brand stores... if you have some friends and family on a budget it's easy to add things like baby bottles, bath books, baby wipes, and diapers to those kinds of lists. I personally found it helpful when I was on a very tight budget a few years ago and could just pick a few items and have them directly shipped to my friends at a low or no cost. (If you are planning a shower, those items can also be sent to the person ordering from the registry and they can still wrap them up for you.)

I'm not planning to set this up until sometime in the second trimester when all the tests are done telling us everything is fine. I'm at 10 weeks now and due in March, so probably end of September or beginning of October for set up, then let people know about it. Something like that.

We registered at Amazon.com for our wedding! It was fabulous. We got a lot of comments about how great, inexpensive and easy it was.

We are like you, my husband's family and friends all live in South Florida (about 6 hours away from us) my family is scattered across the US and even into the UK. Amazon was fantastic. They had everything we could have imagined that we might need for less than it would be elsewhere. Everyone liked that it was automatically shipped to our house and shipping was cheap/free. I highly recommend it! The registry site I am using allows you to add items straight from Amazon. I'll use that feature for anything specific that I decide to register for.

I will be registering at Target and Babies R Us. I've placed some things on registry at target just because it was fun to do while I was bored or just laying in bed. I havent bought anything...I'm going to wait until my first appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->