when do you ring hospital?

Rozz1e1

Pregnant :D
Reaction score
Been having on off tightenings forlast few days now with kncreased cramping and loosing bits of plug for last two weeks and now Im not sure if anything real is occuring but Im wondering when do u ring hospital, obv i know if ure waters break you ring..but my mw hasntentioned any of this to me lol and today iv been having twinges all day, and now pains and tightenings every 25 mins or so, increased from happening every 50 mins or so and all day been having those horrid shooting pains in my lady garden...literally to the point of doubling me over and taking my breath away....lost of discharge also today, more so than before and low back ache as well....when do you ring hospital? Xxxx

I would ring them and ask, lol!

My midwife said when contractions are every 5 minutes or you can ring before to put your mind at rest and see what they say, I think some hospitals are different! Good luck :)

Thanks ladies :-D i think they're prolly fed up of hearing from me lmao!! I dont wanna get my hopes up lol but i do hope they might turn into something lol xxx

My midwife said when contractions are every 5 minutes or you can ring before to put your mind at rest and see what they say, I think some hospitals are different! Good luck :)

I had an antenatal class last night and the MW said if your contractions are every 10 minutes that means you are probably only in pain 6 minutes in every hour so would be fine at home but when it gets to every 5 minutes you should phone and head in to get checked out. You can phone at every ten mins just to prep them but try not to head in to hospital until every 5 mins or less :)

I had an antenatal class last night and the MW said if your contractions are every 10 minutes that means you are probably only in pain 6 minutes in every hour so would be fine at home but when it gets to every 5 minutes you should phone and head in to get checked out. You can phone at every ten mins just to prep them but try not to head in to hospital until every 5 mins or less :)

Thank you huni :-D xxxx

I'm in the US so it may be different, but my pregnancy class said go by the 5-1-1 rule. 5 minutes apart, 1 minute long, for 1 hour. Though I think that may be when you go in, not when you call. If I don't know by then, I'll just call LOL

I'm in the US so it may be different, but my pregnancy class said go by the 5-1-1 rule. 5 minutes apart, 1 minute long, for 1 hour. Though I think that may be when you go in, not when you call. If I don't know by then, I'll just call LOL

That seems to be pretty much what I was told so makes sense :)

Well i would have called but like usual all has stopped!!! Am gna try to dtd tonight and see if that helps lol!!! Xxx

Agreed. Exactly what she says. Don't think yours are frequent enough yet. But hopefully soon for you!

Or if you really think it's it, if I went by the above rule I would never make it in time.

I go by if a bath, and a couple of glasses of water doesn't settle it I go in.

Thanks ladies :) im a bit fed up about my mw tbh... Iv beensupportive of how busy she is and how busy and over stretched mws are..im a nurse so i understand how busy nhs is...but my appts do not last longer than 8 mins and she hasnt spoken to me about anything to do with labour etc xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->