When do you tell Family?

keepfaith17

Reaction score
with my first child i cant remember exactly when i told everyone the news, i feel like right after my 8w+days scan is when i told family.

do you all wait til the first scan or until the 12 week mark?

With our first we waited until 11 weeks to tell our families. But this time, since we’ve suffered two losses, we’re waiting a lot longer.

We are so close to our families i know we couldnt have kept it a secret so we have already told my two best friends, my mum and my in laws. I feel that if anything were to go wrong we would want their support so it felt right to tell them.

I'm planing on telling on Easter. It will be right after my 8 week scan. We live far away from my family and are visiting them then so it will be great opportunity.

We told close family straight away and everyone else at 12 weeks.

With my first we told about 8 weeks, we had had a previous MC which obviously family then knew about, so we felt like telling them then was ok as they’d know even if something bad happened - does that make sense?

With my second it was about 9 weeks

Think we will tell my parents this weekend (I’ll be 7+4) and maybe my siblings too, as I’m already showing a lot with no3 so can’t really hide it any longer!

I actually tell my best friends as soon as I find out, but we don’t tell anyone else until much later- usually until they ask when they see me

With my first we told about 8 weeks, we had had a previous MC which obviously family then knew about, so we felt like telling them then was ok as they’d know even if something bad happened - does that make sense?

With my second it was about 9 weeks

Think we will tell my parents this weekend (I’ll be 7+4) and maybe my siblings too, as I’m already showing a lot with no3 so can’t really hide it any longer!

I actually tell my best friends as soon as I find out, but we don’t tell anyone else until much later- usually until they ask when they see me

Glad to see someone else is showing :haha: im 6 weeks & already have a rounding bloat going on :blush:

Glad it’s not just me!! I do get massive, even though neither of my kids has been huge, I certainly am!! With my second I was asked by a child (im a teacher) at 9 weeks if I was pregnant! And my daughter said the other day (6+6) “look at your big tummy!”

I’ll be a beach ball by week 15, Lord only knows what I’ll be like by week 40! (Or 42 since mine are always late....)

the feeling of being bloated like PMS hasnt went away for me either! not showing as its wayyyy to early but i feel full thats for sure lol

Glad it’s not just me!! I do get massive, even though neither of my kids has been huge, I certainly am!! With my second I was asked by a child (im a teacher) at 9 weeks if I was pregnant! And my daughter said the other day (6+6) “look at your big tummy!”

I’ll be a beach ball by week 15, Lord only knows what I’ll be like by week 40! (Or 42 since mine are always late....)

I looked back on some belly pics from DD and DS and was shocked by how big I actually was during 3rd tri! Here's to hoping I'm not that big this time :haha:

I've noticed my jeans feeling snug just around where the button sits... definitely 90% bloat.. but my stomach has gone from flat fat to round fat :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->