When do your doctors appointments get closer?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
I just wondering..my sister said around the sugar test but I'm not sure when that is either. I'm (almost) 20 weeks and in the US

I did 4 week appointments until week 34; had a two week appointment until week 36, then did one week appointments until delivery. I had a normal pregnancy with no complications until the end, so my OB and I agreed to wait until the end to do appointments closer together. :)

My GD test was at week 28.

Usually you go once a month until 36 weeks and then every 2 weeks. And if you get close to 40 weeks it will be every week . Unless there is a problem

I'm a day from 25 weeks don't get the glucose test bc I'm diabetic anyway but I'm starting bi-weekly apts from now on I also have high blood pressure so will be induced at 38 weeks if no complications come up before then

I think 28 weeks. I'm going to try to go every 4 weeks for as long as possible as long as everything is looking good. I don't see the point in going so often just to be weighed. :shrug:

I went in once a week during my second pregnancy. I've gone in once every 4 weeks since 14 weeks with this pregnancy so far.

I'm getting the glucose test at my 28 week appt and after that i suppose my apps will be every two weeks....hopefully they will stay at every 4 weeks, since so far everything seems to be going well.

I'm not sure about America, but i know here in the UK it depends on if this is your first baby and if there are any current complications. We also get given maternity notes that has a list of all the dates you would see your MW. Do you get given anything like that?
This is how our visits usually go:

First contact with midwife or doctor
Eight to 12 weeks: booking appointment
Eight to 14 weeks: dating scan
16 weeks
18-20 weeks: anomaly scan
25 weeks
28 weeks
31 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks
41 weeks

I think it can also depend on your doctor, and how your pregnancy is doing.
In Michigan, at least with the 2 different OBs I have had, I was going once every 4 weeks until I got to week 28, then I started going every 2 weeks until I got to 36 weeks, and now since then I've gone once a week.

I'm not sure about America, but i know here in the UK it depends on if this is your first baby and if there are any current complications. We also get given maternity notes that has a list of all the dates you would see your MW. Do you get given anything like that?
This is how our visits usually go:

First contact with midwife or doctor
Eight to 12 weeks: booking appointment
Eight to 14 weeks: dating scan
16 weeks
18-20 weeks: anomaly scan
25 weeks
28 weeks
31 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks
41 weeks

No we don't get anything like that. A least I didn't at my office

I'm in the US And I go Every 4 weeks till 32 weeks, then I go to every 2 weeks. So I go 28,32,34,36,37,38,39,40. Glucose test was at 28 weeks. I think they do the strep b test at 36 weeks and start checking cervix at 37.

My appointments have now been moved up to every 3 weeks as if 20 weeks.. Not high risk, but that's how my doctor does it.

At our place, I believe its once every 4weeks upto 28weeks, once every 2weeks upto 36weeks, and then every week upto labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->