When does bloat end and baby bump begin?

Kantny09

Reaction score
So I have pretty much had this bloat pooch for a couple weeks now. It seems to be getting worse in the last few days. I am 7+5 with my first and I tend to feel silly having this bump already. I guess I just think it is too early to be showing. I know I will feel differently once it is actually baby bump and not just bloating. But my question is when does it change from bloat to baby bump? And will I even know?

I don't know the answer but I'm curious about this too! I have such bloat now (5 weeks, 6 days) that it looks like bump but I know it can't be this early!

It happened at 11 weeks with my first and a little earlier in subsequent pregnancies. Honestly, the only way I could tell for sure that it was bump, was when I laid on my back and sucked in my tummy. If you feel something hard above your pubic bone that you can't suck in, you're "officially" showing. :flower:

You will know - it differs for everyone but once your uterus starts to rise forward out of your pelvis it will be hard and especially in subsequent pregnancies you can feel the top of your uterus. I was about 10 weeks when I started noticing something protruding out with my first and about 9 weeks with my second. Not sure when it will happen this time but I too just look like I have a giant egg belly. Knowing its not a baby bump yet and just bloat makes me feel daft lol

I was all bloat until 14 weeks and then it disappeared overnight and I didn't look pregnant anymore (I had even been in maternity jeans bc of the bloat!) Then I started to get a proper bump but I didn't look pregnant until I was about 28 weeks along.

I'm 12 weeks now and my bloating was bad from about 7-11, but it seems to be going down now. At about 10 weeks it was at its worst and I looked about 6 months pregnant! I've noticed the lower part of my abdomen is starting to get rounded now, rather Han just looking booted.

It happened at 11 weeks with my first and a little earlier in subsequent pregnancies. Honestly, the only way I could tell for sure that it was bump, was when I laid on my back and sucked in my tummy. If you feel something hard above your pubic bone that you can't suck in, you're "officially" showing. :flower:

It was like this for me with my first, but at 16 weeks. I woke up one morning, still laying down, there was no bloat and a little bump! I'll try and attach a picture if I can! This is when I noticed it had changed for me, but everyone is different. It can also depend on how your muscles were before pregnancy too xox16.jpg

Here's my bloat from 4 weeks 3 days!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
im still bloated at 16w with my 3rd ive lost weight too very unexpected.

My first baby i didnt gain lb or bump till 28w

with my second my bump started around 14w.

i do think it has a lot to do with your body shape before bfp as to when you get a bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->