When does EWCM occur?

endlessblue

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We're currently on our second cycle TTC our first and last month I didn't really produce much in the way of EWCM. This cycle, however, is different - I am losing loads today! I'm due to ovulate in the next couple of days going by the calender, but just want to make sure this is correct.

Does EWCM occur BEFORE ovulation or during ovulation?

Hope that makes sense... this is all new to me!

X

Usually before hun. EWCM is prime stuff for sperm- they can survive up to 5 days in it, where as in other mucus only hours/ a day at most. So even if you havent got your +opk yet, i would start to BD every other day until you do! Good luck!

Usually before hun. EWCM is prime stuff for sperm- they can survive up to 5 days in it, where as in other mucus only hours/ a day at most. So even if you havent got your +opk yet, i would start to BD every other day until you do! Good luck!

Thanks hun :) I'm not doing OPKs just yet, trying to be relaxed about it at the mo... which is hard when it's all you can think about! I've been losing EWCM for a couple of days now but today I seem to be swimming in it - sorry if tmi lol!

Thanks hun :) I'm not doing OPKs just yet, trying to be relaxed about it at the mo... which is hard when it's all you can think about! I've been losing EWCM for a couple of days now but today I seem to be swimming in it - sorry if tmi lol!

No such thing as TMI on this site :haha:

In that case i would just BD every other day for the next week or so. Thats just my advice though- the months where we BD every day i didnt fall pregnant, soon as i changed to every other day i fell pregnant. Have fun :winkwink: x

Endless blue i could have written this!! It's our second month trying and the first month i got no EWCM. :dohh: Yesterday i was cd17 out of a 35 day cycle (usually don't O until cd 21ish) and i have EWCM. At least thats what i think it is! Sorry TMI but i wouldn't call it egg whites, but more like a clear/white jelly like substance... :blush:

I took an OPK and it was negative, so i too was wondering whether EWCM occurs a few days before ovulation? :shrug:

Yes, it's time to have fun hun! :) EWCM shows up few days before O. FX!

Thanks for your help ladies! Unfortunately I have woken up with thrush :( So this puts a stop to any baby making for a few days - just as I'm about to ovulate!!! Gutted :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->