When does midwife "check" you?

Sb86

Reaction score
My next midwife app is in 5 days and I'll be 38+3..
At what point do they check how everything is 'down there'? I mean, to see if you're dilating or anything like that?

I only assume they must check you because some people here seem to know specific things about how their cervix is progressing. I'm at a loss, I've not seen the same midwife once and I'm completely unaware of anything that's supposed to be happening or could be happening.
My last appointment (36+3), the midwife did the checks as usual and then just said "if you have the baby before your next appointment, just call and cancel" .. I wasn't even really aware that could be a possibility! I haven't spoken to anyone about a birthing plan or what to do if I go into labour. I left the doctors a bit like ... Woah. Haha!

Should i prepare myself for anything out of the ordinary at this next appointment?! Help!

I was never checked untill i went in with broken waters (39+2) last mw appt was 38+5

Where I live you get offered a sweep at 40 weeks but I think before that there's no checks done.

Sorry you haven't been given any information with birth plan and what to do etc. I hope you get some more this week! X

Oh! I'm worrying over nothing then!
Back to chilling out! Haha

You can always asked to be checked if you're curious. They found out I was breeched when I got checked last time.

You can always asked to be checked if you're curious. They found out I was breeched when I got checked last time.

Ah really?! I didn't think to ask. Although I'm kinda thinking now "ignorance is bliss"... Not sure how much that works during labour though, haha

with my first wasn't checked till I was induced, found out I was 1-2cm dilated and the midwife could feel the baby's head, I was 36+4
with my second 33 weeks but that was because I went into mat triage because of reduced movements and contractions. lucky was closed and the same thing quite a bit after till I had him at 39 weeks.

Where I live in the UK the birth plan chat with the midwife was at 34 weeks. Maybe ask your midwife at your next appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->