When does supply regulate?

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Hi,

My lo is 9 weeks today and I still feel like I have too much milk
for him! I was expressing 3oz a morning to store but have stopped that and still so much milk!! Woke this morning both boobs v full leaking everywhere!! Still getting quite strong let down pains aswell
X

It took a few months for me. I don't remember exactly. I pumped for a while, but LO started to refuses bottles completely so I eventually stopped doing that and my supply regulated pretty well after that. I never really seem to have too little or too much now ever. Do you wear a bra to bed? I wore one with breastfeeding pads for a while (and leaked through those some nights) and now just wear the thin sleep-type bra by itself. I tried a few nights not wearing the bra at all and I kept leaking. I don't really get it, but it works for me. Just a light stretchy one.

Generally your supply should regulate by the 6 - 8 week mark - although there are obviously exceptions as everyone's body is different.

I'm guessing you're still having too much milk due to the expressing. It's recommended you don't pump until 6 weeks or so to prevent an over supply issue - which it seems you have here.

It's good that you've stopped pumping for the time being - removing the milk when baby isn't actually feeding will only encourage more milk production.

Just feed on demand for a week or so. If you're getting sore or engorged then you can hand express just enough off to make yourself comfy but don't aim to drain the breast. :thumbup:

Thanks. It seems to be getting a little better since I've stopped expressing. Just can't get comfortable with a bra in bed. Will see how I go xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->