When does supply usually become established?

Brz04

Reaction score
Our LO is only 6 wks and is EBF but it seems like I'm not leaking all over the place constantly and breasts don't feel overly full or get engorged like they used to. Is this normal at only 6 wks pp?? I'm worried my milk is drying up...I used to have to pump once or twice a day but now it seems I'm producing just enough for him to eat and not any extra! Definitely not complaining feeling too full is no fun but I would like to still be able to pump once in a while when I need to leave LO with DH to run errands but I'm worried if I pump then there won't be enough left for next feeding!!

Is it possible for supply to be established at this point?? When does that usually happen?

Your supply is usually established between 4-6 weeks but that doesnt mean you cant pump. If you choose a set time to pump each day and stick to it your body will respond by producing extra milk just at that time of day for you to express. You might not get much to start with but if you stick with it you will see results in a few days. I found that my supply was best first thingin the morning and whilst feeding. I fed lo on one side whilsting pumping the other side.

Supply can be established as early as 2-3 weeks as for pumping some women don't respond well to a pump after the first initial weeks it is no indicator of supply whatsoever. I have an oversupply and overactive let down problem yet can't get much when I pump however whenever I pump I exacerbate the oversupply problem further and just one pumping session can lead to green poo and a colicky baby for a week! Thankfully I don't have to pump for any reason but it would be nice to be able to do so on the odd occasion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->