When does the count begin?

angel11

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

When do you start counting the dpo? Do you take the day that your surge was the highest (brightest positive OPK result), and then count from there? If I got a very bright positive on 28 March, and then another positive but less brighter on 29 March, then when would I know which day is the ovulation day and when to start counting my 2 weeks.

Also, could someone perhaps elaborate a bit more on CM. If my OPK was positive and I had more CM than usual which had the ovulation CM consistency, would I then know that ovulation is over when the CM starts drying up?

Sorry for all the questions, but i posted this in the ovulation section and had no responses yet and I am very anxious. :happydance:

I start counting the dpo after my two peak days, I use the CBFM and when I ovulate have two days so will count from the day after. So would say 30th March is 1dpo

Hope that helps :)

:hug:

They say you can ovulate anywhere between 12-72 hours after your FIRST true +++ OPK. For me, it's usually about 24 hours later from the first +++. Sometimes 36 hours.

I also check my cervix and CM and can feel when it's closed back up and changed to creamy instead of EWCM and that always corresponds with about 48 hours after my +++ OPK and so I usually count that point as my 1 dpo. Sometimes I can feel the O pains and sometimes not.

In your case I'd probably go with March 30th as 1 dpo. It's better to be a little late on the count then early. But it's always just a guess, unless you temp and can see the shift.

I am not really sure about the CM. I have more today then yesterday but will rather work on the test for now.

Did another OPK and it was negative so its starting to go down now. Really excited cos this means that I actually ovulated...first time in years :happydance:

So today is then 1dpo...and counting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->