When does the umbilical cord fall off?

S

Serene123

Just curious. I've seen it mentioned a few times today and how you have to wait untill it falls off for certain things.

My son's fell off when he was 10 days old - looked like it was about to for a few days before that though.

olivia was 7 days old. they do say any where between 7-14 days

x

summer is 12 days old and its still on, dont even think it looks ready yet, the midwife is coming back on wed as she wont discharge us to the health visitor until it has fallen off!

Anna's fell off when she was 12 days old... It didn't look like it was going to, It was still thick and firmly attatched when I put her to bed, but when I next changed her nappy that night it was sat in the bottom of her babygro!

part of kyles fell off in the first week, there was still a little left, that then fell out in the second week sumtime x

I was never told not to do certain things till it fell off, what sort of things are you thinking of?

Rhiannons didnt fall off for nearly a month, and im still taking her to the dr for it coz its slow in healing, bleeding and oozing green gunk!! dr and health visitor just says its not infected and itll heal itself (even had to use a silver niterate stick on her poor little mite) i can still bath her and use bubbles if i want (only thing i dont use is talc)...

Coltons fell off between 2 and 3 weeks. I dont remember exactly. It was taking awhile to fall off because they didn't tell us how to properly clean it. Then after we found out we weren't putting enough alcohol on it. :duhh: finally I just started putting like 2-3 big drips of alcohol down inside it and it fell off within 2 days.

Oliver's fell off within 5days..couldnt believe how quick! I found it in his nappy! It was already hanging off by the time he was 2days old! Doubt they usually come off so soon though xx

Lilia's took 6 days, was just sitting in her nappy! MW was happy that it has healed ok

I was never told not to do certain things till it fell off, what sort of things are you thinking of?

Someone said on a bathing thread that you can only wash them in water and with cotton wool untill it falls off?

Nah, you're able to bath them. Kaya was bathed in the hospital by a midwife when it was sill attached.

Hannahs fell off at 5 days. Was changing her nnappy and it was there one second and off the next!

Usually it falls off between 10 to 14 days. Everyone is different, just make sure it is clean and dry. It will fall off when it is ready.

10 days for us... smack in the middle of what's normal :)

edit: shoot, sorry for bringing up an old thread, I just saw it in the "related" threads to the one I just answered... oops

5 days... and I was very happy when it fell off, I always worried about hurting her belly button when I was changing her diaper or washing her belly...

edit aha right old thread lmao

callums fell off when he was 5 days.

you can bath them i think you've just got to be careful not to get it to wet.

Keira's fell off at 3 weeks. The stump itself was pretty thick and I really had to get all in there with the alcohol. My OH picked her up when she had her gown on and poof it went...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->