When Easter Eggs Become "Spring Spheres"

The vast majority of people from other/no religions are not offended in the slightest by the 'christian holidays. For the last 2000 years this has been a christian country and, speaking as an atheist, christian holidays are fine for celebrating. If I lived in a muslim country I would expect to have time off around Ramadan etc and to celebrate christmas in my own time.

i totaly agree!

if i were to live in another country i would respect their holidays ect. i wouldnt be offended or expect them to change their ways.

this country is going crazy!

Eh, they're all Pagan holidays anyways. How do you think Christian leaders got the Pagans to convert?

^ Yeah that was already mentioned. :mrgreen:

Personally I think its bloody ridiculous. I get things like the Lord's Prayer being taken out of schools as it isn't just Christians anymore... but Black and Orange day/Spring Spheres/Happy Holidays really irritates me if I'm honest.

There was a girl I worked with who was Jehova's Witness, and before I go further please know I have nothing against JW's... however people wish to express their faith is their own right, but man would she go on and on about how Easter and Christmas were stupid (her words, not mine) yet she'd still be happy with getting the statutory holidays off on those days.

It really bothered me to see her reap the benefits of said "Stupid" Christian traditions, but she'd spew off on how backwards the rest of us were. :nope: I dunno, I hope I'm conveying how I feel properly.

I get that the idea of Easter with chocolate bunnies, eggs and chicks doesn't have a thing to do with Christ dying on the cross... but as someone else mentioned its a cultural tradition. Why take that away from people? I find it really sad that Claire will never go to school dressed as a cute little witch or goblin. That was one of my fave school activities. :(

The vast majority of people from other/no religions are not offended in the slightest by the 'christian holidays. For the last 2000 years this has been a christian country and, speaking as an atheist, christian holidays are fine for celebrating. If I lived in a muslim country I would expect to have time off around Ramadan etc and to celebrate christmas in my own time.
I doubt the picts and skots were christian . not even roman people were christian back then. :p

Actually yes they were, as christianity spread to Rome during the 1st century. But, I'll give you that the UK wasn't christian then, actually it was 1500 years of christianity in Britain ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->