When Facebook becomes BabyFacesEverywhereBook...

aurorasaurus

Reaction score
As I & my friends/colleagues get older & the TTC journey gets more maddening, I can't help but feel that spiteful part of me rage when I log on to facebook & all I see is babies, babies, babies, pregnancy pictures, etc etc. I can usually hold it together well in person & find myself happier for some than others to be honest, but some days it's just not what you want/need to see, damn it!

These are people that I truly care about (family, actual friends, the good coworkers) so I don't want to delete them. Is the best solution to unfollow/unsubscribe without unfriending the people that post tons of baby pics? Some of them are my best freakin' friends!

I like Pinterest for the topic-specific customization (ie I can unfollow a nursery decorating board, but still see cool stuff they post), but I wish facebook had a similar feature. At least for pictures!

Or am I just being a overly sensitive Bitc-you-know-what for feeling this way???

:witch:

Hahah, I know exactly what you feel hun!! I absolutely agree!

I chose "Stop logging on to facebook at all!" just because that's what I did for a while.

I chose the 'Unsubscribe to those pic-heavy friends til a later date' Thats what I have done to a few people who post things a lot which I don't want to see.
I don't hold anything against people who post a lot of baby things because I am sure they are just excited and forget that other people maybe waiting, trying, struggling. But if its getting you down just hide them less drama than unfriending and if they are not there you won't feel like a B when you get cross at them

Feeling that way is to be expected given your own TTC journey. Not being able to regulate those feelings is entirely different. I get annoyed with those who are constantly vacationing and posting pics on FB and think "another F trip".. :) but yeah obviously I understand that it's me being jealous of $$ and ability of others to travel as they wish. It's just a new medium for the same old neighbourly jealousy that's existed forever. :) Don't feel bad, just accept your jealousy and know that it's justified for you. :)

hello ladies,

i can relate to what u r goin auro and i am sorry but like everyone said it s ok to feel that way....u not hurting anyone...

i agree with all the responses and what i did was stop logging on to facebook all together...most of my friends and family have newborns and kids already and i cant stand to be constantly looking at their lives...

its just not healthy.....

so i hope u feel better and know your turn will come soon:hugs:

Ha, Thanks all! (and for seeing through my dry sense of humor, not sure it always comes through in forums : )

I just posted a thread about the green-eyed monster before I saw this one. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I experienced a facebook friend who was live posting the potty training of her son. With update of how many smiley faces and frowny faces. I thought I was just annoyed by the constant posting but I think part of it was the envy.

I experienced a facebook friend who was live posting the potty training of her son. With update of how many smiley faces and frowny faces. I thought I was just annoyed by the constant posting but I think part of it was the envy.

Oh god, how irritating! I'd have to unfriend someone who posted stuff like that, lol! I don't think I'd even care about the potty training updates if I had kids.

Today I went on Facebook and the first 8 entries were newborn baby photos or scan pictures. Jeez! I definitely need to put my big girl pants on, or just unplug for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->