When/how to tell older kids

rainkat

Reaction score
I can't wait to tell my 12 year old daughter!!! I'm sure the boys (13 and almost 8) will be excited too but not in the same way.

Last pregnancy I am thankful we hadn't told them right away as I had a m/c within days of their grandfather (dh's dad) dying. That was hard enough for dh and I to bear.

Assuming things progress normally I doubt I'll be able to hide it until 12 weeks. With my youngest I was obviously showing well before then. My first midwife appt is at 8 weeks. I'm thinking maybe soon after that. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Any fun ideas how to break the news? Stories to share?

I waited to tell my son about baby number 2(his now 13 month old sister) and number 3 (his second baby sister due december), till after we had 12 week scan and we knew all was well etc. He is 9 now and he is my son from a prev relationship so it was important to us to involve him but not too soon in case something went wrong, but not to overwhelm him either, as it was just me and him for a few years then just me, him and my partner who he has a fantastic relationship with.

we just sat him down and told him that his wish for a baby brother or sister was going to come true and he was so made up, and excited. We told him and although some family members knew, they went along with us and pretended not to know, as we let him phone them to tell them HIS news x he is the best big bro ever. He still had a little wobble emotionally when our daughter was born, but now! he's over the moon about her and the new little sister about to arrive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->