When is a BFP not a BFP?! So nerve-wracking

Smiler13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

After three early miscarriages in the last year got a faint positive on a FRER test and a very faint one on an internet cheapie sensitive one yesterday, think it's around 12DPO, or CD28. Am anxious as have also had a chemical pregnancy before and the lines were similarly faint then.

Before all this I never realised that pregnancy tests were not black (or, I guess, pink!) and white. Will need to test in a couple of days and see. It's really, really hard not knowing. Argh.

Needed to get it off my chest. Sorry if am putting a downer on the BFPs section.

aw, it's ok, im here thinking the same, we have both suffered too many losses :(
my line is very faint but trying to keep positive, i now how hard it is
thinking of u xxx

A line is a line as long as it comes up in the proper time frame for your test.

So Congrats hunny :hugs:

Hope the lines get darker. Congrats!

Oh smiler hoping this is it for you :hugs:

A positive is always a positive, no matter how faint the lines are, since it can only turn positive if there is HCG in your urine. HCG is only present if you are pregnant (even chemical). You can have false nagatives, where the HCG isn't strong enough to detect, but you cannot have a false positive, because the test cannot detect HCG unless you are pregnant. I was 17DPO and I only ever got a faint line, and here I am at 14 weeks.

There is no way of telling a chemical pregnancy though, so it could still be this. But your body is giving off the pregnancy vibe, so this is being picked up by the test.

Good luck this time honey. Think good thoughts, and don't let the past take your confidence away from you.

congratulations and good luck in your pregnancy X

I got my two lines two weeks ago and I had been testing and hoping every day with the cheapy ones - praying my peroid would never arrive. I had a dream I was pregnant (it was so vivid and real) and jumped out of bed that morning for my daily test and sure enough, the faintest pink line appeared. It was so faint but it was there. As long as it has a bit of colour and not just a faint grey line. Later that day I did a digital test and it spelled it out, 1- 2 weeks. Was very reassurring to see it in writing but the faintest of coloured lines is a yes! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you very much ladies.

Did another test this morning (16DPO I think), and the FRER was darker, though still weedy-looking, and there was a weedy line on the internet cheapie, whereas none before. So still feeling really confused. Feel like I did with my chemical, not many symptoms, except this time am on progesterone (treatment to try to prevent a further miscarriage), which delays my period anyway. Guess will just need to wait a couple more days and test again. Urgh.

Thanks for the support girls.

:hugs: :hugs:

The FRER was darker hun, that's a really positive sign. Good luck and fx your bean is a super sticky one xx

Congratulations, it looks positive, fingers crossed it works out for you xx

The FRER has now gone paler and is no longer coming up positive on the (sensitive) internet cheapies, so looks like it is a chemical. Going to stop taking the progesterone and presumably then AF will turn up.

Feel really sad.

So sorry to hear this! Hang in there, thinking about you!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"