When is it ok to start using wipes instead of cotton wool?

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
As the title says!!!

I don't mind using cotton wool in the day time, but at night, it would just be easier to use a wipe......but is Olivia still too young for me to use them on her skin?

Thanks
xx

we started using wipes when maddi was about a week old, just found it so much easier, its up to you though sweetie x

We have always used wipes without any problems :)

I started with wipes after a couple of weeks and she was fine. I use fragrance free ones. xx

ive used wipes from the start wasnt told any different

I've used wipes from the start too and no problems :)

I used them after a week and zac got a bit of nappy rash from them. Came back to them in week 3 and fine since!

I've always used wipes. Before I had Jasmine I asked someone about using cotton wool and got laughed at, no one here really does that anymore.

Thanks guys, think I'll try using them from now on then......I have the pampers sensitive ones, and they say that they are as gentle as cotton wool, so will give them a go & see!

Thanks xx

Same here, used them right from the start!

I used warm water and cotton wool for the first few weeks simply cos Sam always kicked off at having cold wipes around his bits, but he's fine with it now.

I've used wipes since day one! But if your concerned about it being too harsh you could get those sensitive ones. Also if your worried about diaper rash A+E is really gentle and works super fast, I even use it for her chapped cheeks. Also if your concerned about wipes being too cold, you can get a wipe warmer, I think they even make some that plug into the car.

I used warm water and cotton wool til Oliver was 6months old...bit over the top i know but he has ecxema. x

i've used wipes from the start! Have used huggies pure, johnsons sensitive and pampers sensitive and had no probs from any xx

I use tissue then wipes as the wipes tend to slide over some things!!! lol We used them from Gabbi being born with no problems Try them and if they don't suit your little one, then stop. I use the sensitive ones as I am sure Gabbi will have skin problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->