When is the best time to pump to increase supply?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Is it better to pump right after a feed (even if you can't get any/much out)? Or like an hour after? Two hours? (Although wouldn't that effect the next feed?)

What would likely be most effective at increasing supply?

I was advised to pump for 10/15 min after every feed. You prob wont get much out...esp at first. But should hopefully get your body to start producing milk.

So one told me to eat oatmeal...so started having porridge every morning and it seemed to really work.

Pumping at night is really good for increasing your supply too.

Is it better to pump right after a feed (even if you can't get any/much out)? Or like an hour after? Two hours? (Although wouldn't that effect the next feed?)

What would likely be most effective at increasing supply?

Hi, just wondering if youd had any luck increasing your supply and what youve done. I need to increase my supply and started pumping after feeds but getting discouraged by how little milk comes out. Maybe half an ounce... thanks

3/4am when you're prolactin levels are highest x

I was wondering this too...I do a pump for 14-20 mins after each feed but stop at night for a rest. I did the 4am pump once, barely got an ounce total so didn't bother again (I'd rather get some sleep hehe).

I wanted to breastfeed but she didn't take to it so ive been pumping and doing some with formula, as I don't produce a days worth.

After each feed and for 2-5 minutes after the last drop of milk :)

I was told 1 hour after feeding the baby. It has helped a lot. Especially since he is eating more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->