• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When is the best time...

justme00

Reaction score
Ok this may be the silliest question ever but when is the best time to "try" the hardest? I'm new to everything here and I just started using the fertility calendar and it said three "fertile days" then one "ovulation" day. I always thought it was best to try to have sex on the day you ovluate? If so, then why does it show "fertile days" three days before I ovulate? Is that just for good measure? We've had sex almost every day this week except yesterday which was supposedly the day after my ovulation day. Did I just lower my chances?

Also, I've noticed as I began charting these more closely that my wettest days are right before my "Fertile days" and then right before I ovulate. It's kind of neat to see this correlation and that has to be a good sign, right? I heard the wettness is from hormone level surges which I pray means I am actually ovulating.

We've been off birth control pills for about two years now and I've just now started trying to chart all this seeing as how we must be doing something wrong, hah!

I'm pretty sure the fertile days are before you ovulate so the sperm will already be in the cervix waiting for the egg. The egg can only live 12-24 hours but the sperm can live 72 hours and has been known to sometimes live a little longer! It's really important to BD during your eggwhite CM days so the sperm have a "smooth" path to travel on to get them past the cervix! My "wettest" days are 1,2, and 3 days before I actually ovulate. On the day I ovulate, it goes to watery CM, which is still really fertile and by the day after I ovulate, it is back to creamy.

I'm pretty sure I had clear white cm the day before I was said to ovulate which I really excited to see and we did get busy that night. Is it better to get busy the minute you notice it? Oh well...I'm not expecting much but we'll see.

It's hard to tell for a lot of women that don't get fertile CM when they will O and I guess that's why they temp or use OPK's but if you get any fertile CM then definitely take advantage of it! I'm lucky enough to have it for 3-4 days and try to have sex every other day to get a good supply of sperm ready and waiting for the egg, but I have read you can do it every day if your partner doesn't have any "supply" issues. Have you thought about using PreSeed? I hear it's sperm-friendly and better than other lubes.

I don't have any lubrication issues in general during sex though. :) I don't want to use OPK's because its alot of money and I don't feel we need to try that hard at this point. What do you mean by supply issues? Is there a problem with having sex every day? I thought guys regenerate sperm quickly? Are you suggesting we try every other day instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->