When is your tree going up?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
When is your tree going up?
I know it's a bit early yet :haha:

Anyone going to put theirs up sooner than usual since 2020 has been such a crap year?
:xmas9:

Usually around the 1st of December, if that falls midweek then the last weekend of November. Might try to convince John to do it earlier this year but won't be too much earlier.
My friends mum has hers up! She got bored when she couldn't sleep a few nights ago and got it out. Usually they have to force her to put it up in December haha

We’re moving mid December so sadly tree won’t be going up this year until after then lol, usually it’s November x

29th November ours will be going up :thumbup: it HAS to be up for 1st December

Probably 5th December. I find it a bit of a chore putting it up tbh, definitely not my fave Xmas activity!

I absolutely love all things Christmas... Except the tree :-$ I do get other decorations out early December though, lights, stockings hung on fireplace etc but the tree goes up quite late. Usually the weekend that's somewhere round the 18th x

Where I am from (Switzerland) the tree used to go up on the 24th of Dec and Christmas Eve was also when we exchanged presents. Decorations around the house started coming out from the 1st of December. Living here in Britain I have compromised to putting the tree up on the 12th but still find it a bit sad that by Christmas the tree is nothing special anymore.

@AngelUK Same here with feeling sad that the tree is nothing special anymore by Christmas. I usually take mine down on boxing day or the 27th as it depresses me that Christmas is over!

apparently its supposed to be the same here but over the years people started doing it earlier and then started doing it 12 days before instead of after etc
I still love it and don't take it down until I absolutely have to

Ill put a few small decorations up after bonfire night but tree probably not til mid November

Ours will be the last weekend of November, I like to have it up before the 1st but not too early.
We got a real one last year though so got it around the 10th....not sure if we're getting a real one this year. It was huge!

I’ll prob do mine the 28th November as I like it up for the 1st. I normally do it on the 1st or as close to as poss. But then like Bev it’s often down before New Years cause I that glum feeling after Boxing Day when I feel like it’s all over :(

Ideally 1st December but I'm scared this year :haha: Since accumulating 2 pugs, one will attack the baubles and the other will no doubt pee up it.

Last weekend of November I think

November the 1st here, it’s my daughters birthday and she’s requested it as there’s no birthday party for her xx

1st December mines going up, this year has been a write off, nothing will ruin our Christmas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->