When should be 1st scan?

mera.mera

Reaction score
Just got my bfp the last days and want to know when should i go to the obygen to have Ultrasound? When should i see the sac and the heartbeat .. also how i calculate the pregnancy week i'm in?? From the 1st day of my period or ovulation day

I calculate my Due date from my Last period, as soon as i got my bfp I scheduled an appointment with my Doctor to get it confirmed when it was he made the referral for Ultra-Sound and Gynecologist.. With my second I heard the heart Beat and seen his image on the Screen at 5+5 which i think is one of the earliest times you can get in to see baby :)

I calculate my Due date from my Last period, as soon as i got my bfp I scheduled an appointment with my Doctor to get it confirmed when it was he made the referral for Ultra-Sound and Gynecologist.. With my second I heard the heart Beat and seen his image on the Screen at 5+5 which i think is one of the earliest times you can get in to see baby :)
Thats seems promising!
I don't have insurance so i want my visit be with ultrasound and see at least the sac in my last pregnancy i went to my dr after i get the bfp directly and he did nothing just told me take folic acid and come back 3 weeks as it was very early so i wanna my appointment have ultrasound

It’s likely you’ll have to have an initial appointment before you get an ultrasound as you need to start your prenatal care right away, and the ultrasound will be later on. If you want to see something guaranteed, I would wait to schedule an ultrasound until you’re past 7 weeks as you’ll probably be able to see the baby’s heartbeat at that point. But seeing a doctor right away will get you started with your prenatal vitamins and any necessary blood tests.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

It’s likely you’ll have to have an initial appointment before you get an ultrasound as you need to start your prenatal care right away, and the ultrasound will be later on. If you want to see something guaranteed, I would wait to schedule an ultrasound until you’re past 7 weeks as you’ll probably be able to see the baby’s heartbeat at that point. But seeing a doctor right away will get you started with your prenatal vitamins and any necessary blood tests.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thabk you

I only ever received a scan prior to 8 weeks when I had a miscarriage beforehand. It was only done for my own reassurance. A lot of doctors do not want to get you in anytime before then because the chances of not seeing what you want to see are high and it can lead to unnecessary worry on your part.

If I'm sure of my ovulation day, then I calculate by that date. Otherwise stick with going by your last period.

I only ever received a scan prior to 8 weeks when I had a miscarriage beforehand. It was only done for my own reassurance. A lot of doctors do not want to get you in anytime before then because the chances of not seeing what you want to see are high and it can lead to unnecessary worry on your part.

If I'm sure of my ovulation day, then I calculate by that date. Otherwise stick with going by your last period.

I'm sure of my ovulation date too so how can i calculate it? How many weeks after ovulation day

Count about 14 days from the first day of your last period, that’s your ovulation date give or take a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->