When should i??

L

Litol_x_Me

Okay so after previous miscarriages i will be 12 weeks on sunday && really can't wait too start buying baby stuff!!!

But my stepmom said i should wait till i am about 5 months gone!

When is the right time too start buying for the new arrival??

I guessed if i start buying now then i wont be in a mad rush too get everything in??

Help!!!

xxxx

I waited until after I found out the sex which was at 16 weeks. Many women start earlier and many wait until they are in the second trimester. It's entirely your decision. :)

I waited until after I found out the sex which was at 16 weeks. Many women start earlier and many wait until they are in the second trimester. It's entirely your decision. :)

At what weeks do you get scanned?? I am from uk.

They scanned me every 2 weeks so far because i have a history of miscarriages but i don't think they will do that all the way threw and i am not sure of when you get your scans after the 10 week one i have had.

So confused!!!

xxx

Quite honestly, I am not quite sure as I am in Canada.

There's been varying times that I have seen, but could very well be 12 and 20 weeks. Don't hold me to it though. LOL

Actually, looking at the upcoming scan date thread a few up from this thread, it does most certainly look like 12 weeks and then 20 weeks. :)

I'm only 24wks, and i've only just thought about buying stuff. I put my pram on layby the other day. But I have been getting alot of clothes etc given to me. I also want to wait until after my baby shower to buy too much to see what I get then.

i started buying things at 12weeks, having a few baby grows around isnt going to effect the baby, i look at it like if its going to happen its going to happen

My mum told me i wasn't allowed to buy anything till 7and a half months! I looked at her as though she has gone mad...we'll probs wait till about 20ish weeks to think about big things!
although am going to dublin at weekend and im not going tbe able to resist buying something for the baby -eeek

I bought a pram and a moses basket but I'm waiting to find out the gender at the 20 week scan before I get clothes and other things. I think you can buy stuff whenever but I'm going to buy it all gradually so I've always got something to look forward to getting.

I started to buy a couple of bits after my first scan, nothing major, will continue to buy little odds and ends but get the majority of stuff after my sexing scan

I've bought a few pieces of gender-neutral stuff (clothes and blankets), but will do most of the shopping after the gender scan at 20 weeks. I can't wait until July!

You should really buy whenever you feel comfortable. It's silly to say that you should only buy baby stuff after a certain month... like 7 1/2 months?! Insane. After 12 weeks your risk of miscarriage is what, 1-2%? I say go for it!

I'm starting to buy at the end of July cos that why my OH finishes his year in industry and i dont want to do it on my own. Not sure when that makes me, but i'm TOTALLY petrified something will go wrong so.... grrr.... i know what i'm going to buy just not getting them yet. :)

I could'nt help myself, lol. I think i bought it's first baby grow when i was 7 weeks, then i've just been adding too it. Now i've almost got a plastic box full of baby gro's, vest's, bath towel, socks, booties, bibs. Not got it's first outfit yet though, but im always buying. :)

I started to buy a couple of bits after my first scan, nothing major, will continue to buy little odds and ends but get the majority of stuff after my sexing scan

Thats what i wanna do just get a few bits here and there but everyone seems too say too me not too cause things can still go wrong! great confidence boost they give me lol!!

I noticed we are due on the same day lol! wonder who will pop first!!

xxxxx

I'm waiting until after my anomoly scan at 20 weeks. It's hard to wait, but I think that it for the best.

I have a couple green/yellow/cream colour sleepers bought, and I have a neutral colour bunting bag that my friend gave me. oh, and a Christmas outfit :D

i started buying things at 20weeks when i found out the sex, i bought a few thing b4 that but not much

I think that if you feel like buying a few odds and ends that won't break the bank then you should. Buying stuff or not will not have any effect on the outcome and I think it anything to help feel hopeful and enjoy your pregnancy is a good thing. How I see it is even if things don't go as we hope, at least we BELIEVE in the baby and in it having a good chance. Go shopping hun. You don't have to tell those that are more pessimistic.

I started buying at 12 weeks, at 20 weeks we got the nursery furniture and started to buy the bigger things like the moses basket etc. Just ordered my pram! (yesterday!)
I want to be finished buying by 35 weeks when i leave work! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->