• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when to announce pregnany to family?

Ellie001

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am pregnant for the first time and very nervous! I am wondering when I should tell our families that we are expecting. I am 3 weeks and 4 days pregnant, which I know is early and a lot could happen.I dont plan on telling any one till 6 weeks at least. DH and I are trying to decide when would be best because we want 2 either tell them on Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for December 16. I know it would be best 2 tell them after my appointment, but I don't know if I can wait that long. What do you suggest?

This was our first month trying to conceive and nobody new we were trying so its going to be a complete surprise.

Wouldn't it be lovely to wrap up a surprise announcement and put it under the CHristmas tree or to slip it into a cracker etc. It would be a really special christmas!

I'd suggest try and wait for Christmas. It's a great time to share such exciting news and by then you'll probably be a little more comfortable and confident in sharing.

I think you should tell them whenever you are ready, although I do recommend waiting at least until you miss AF. The only thing you want to consider is, if something does happen, do you want have to tell them bad news.

After two miscarriages I have been very careful who I discuss this pregnancy with. I only want to talk to people who are supportive if things fail - and who won't ask questions or bring it up when I don't want to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->