When to BD and how much?

hollowmac

Mom of 3 and Preg with #4
Reaction score
Okay so when I was trying to get pregnant with my 1st son, which it took a while, the dr told us to BD every other night. We used ovulation tests and figured out that I was ovulating later than what we thought. 2nd cycle using those, BAM pregnant. With my 2nd son, he was a surprise. It happened really quick and we were surprised. My kids are now 18, 9, and 7. We wanted another and it happened after only 4 months of NTNP but we miscarried in August and have been trying again and we don't want it to take a long time because I just turned 40, so should we BD every night around ovulation time or just stick to every night? Thanks for any advice.:hugs:

Unless there is some sperm issues the more the better I say?

I have heard that it decreases the quality of the sperm if you BD every night. Probably why your doctor advised every other night. But personally i dont see why every night can lower your chances!

Were trying every other night the whole way through this cycle as I dont track ovulation I usually know because of symptoms and same sorta pain every month. Id say that way no matter when I ovulate I have a great chance of catching that little eggy!
Good luck x

I have read every other night! But others will say every night during fertile time. Either way, I think they all agree no less than every other night :p every other night should guarantee fresh sperm and enough time for the sperm to replenish! They say longer than that and the sperm starts to die off.

Then, whenever you think you are ovulating that month, try to start BDing about a week before! And then BD until like 1-2 days after your O day. I guess BDing that far out is a good idea because sperm can live for 3-5 days, sometimes a week if they are really resilient! Then just BD whenever you want the rest if the month! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->