When to expect a decrease in formula intake?

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
Owen is six months old and had kind of an off day yesterday. He usually eats 6 oz every 3 hours. Yesterday he had 6 ozs at 7 a.m. Then had his breakfast of fruit and cereal, I tried feeding him around 10-11 and he didn't want it. He had a little bit of fruit and some veggies around 11:30 for lunch, took a nap and didn't want a bottle until around 3:30. He then had dinner of veggies and cereal and didn't have another bottle until 8 p.m. Is this normal now that he has upped his solid intake?

For us, it happened around the latter part of 8 months and she entirely dropped a bottle at 9 months. It usually happens when they start to increase their solids intake. Are you offering milk first before food? If you are (and I would, as he's still so little), then I wouldn't worry too much. If you see it start to decrease significantly and consistently, I might hold off on solids a bit (drop back to, say, 2 meals a day for awhile longer) so he keeps up the amount of milk he's taking. But it could also just be he had an off day, which is totally normal. Is there any chance he's teething? I know my daughter got a bit funny about taking her milk around that age for a few weeks. It wasn't because she was eating much in the way of solids as we'd just started BLW and she wasn't really managing to eat much. Then two teeth popped through and she went back to normal.

I always make sure to offer the bottle first, and yesterday he just wasn't having it. He got his bottom two teeth at four months, so maybe he is working on the top two? Maybe he was just having an off day. He had his morning bottle and then some breakfast, so I guess we will see if he wants his bottle before his nap in a couple hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->