When to expect AF and what to expect!

Neversaynever

Whatever.....
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was wondering when to expect AF after an ERPC and will I get the usual period type pains that we normally get when we are due on??

I have trawled the threads as I'm sure this has been asked a million times but can't seem to find anything.

Also, do I count from my ERPC as a rough idea cycle wise?

How long does it take for your cycle to return to normal?

I'd really appreciate some thoughts on this :flower:

Thanks guys and hoping this is a short stay for us all in here

:dust:

XxX

I didn't want to read and run, but I do not have information first hand. I too am currently in the same position you are.

Had a D&C a few days ago which I hear is similar to the ERPC. And very eager for AF and to start trying again.

From searching over this site here is what I have found... First, it is different for everyone (I know, the last thing we want to hear). Most have it within a month. If you wait more than 8 weeks go to the doctor. They can give you something to bring it on.

When did you have the procedure done?

Thanks liz and :hugs: for your loss too.

I had my ERPC on the 21st of February so was hoping AF would show next week at some point. I have a bag full of different pads/tampons and really not looking forward to it coming!

Ah well, it'll mean we can start TTC again once she leaves.

XxX

i had a Dand C on the 11th of feb and got my af 3 weeks later xxxx
i spotted for 2 days and then a medium flow xxxxx
went to see my consultant yesterday and she said if you get your af early it will be lightish but she also said the next af might be heavier so be prepared xxx but she gave me the all clear to ttc again so hopefully i won"t get the next af xxxxxxxxxxxx

I had my ERPC on the 21st of February so was hoping AF would show next week at some point. I have a bag full of different pads/tampons and really not looking forward to it coming!

Ah well, it'll mean we can start TTC again once she leaves.

XxX

I had my ERPC on 22nd February and I too am hoping for a/f or ovulation or SOMETHING!! I'm still spotting a little bit and my hCG levels are still a little high so think it might be a while for me. :wacko:
I hope you get yours next week - I think anthing from 4-6 weeks after m/c is normal.

:hugs:

I just googled this and the common thread in a lot of articles is the HCG has to be all the way down to 0 for your cycles to go back to normal.

mine came a month on the dot after my d&c.. just yesterday actually. I didn't get any pre AF cramps but I have them now and it's a pretty heavy period.

I've had a negative HPT after two weeks but think it was a 50miu or whatever they're called. Got slight tummy ache as if she's coming but I could be imagining it lol

XxX

I've had a negative HPT after two weeks but think it was a 50miu or whatever they're called. Got slight tummy ache as if she's coming but I could be imagining it lol

XxX

I've been getting -HPT's for a while now but my hCG is still at 44. Having said that I think I'm unusual. If you've got a tummy ache and you feel like she's on her way then chances are you're right.
It's hard to get back in tune and start trusting your body again especially after MMC but you do know your own body better than anyone so begin to rebuild that trust!!
I just looked at your signature. You're exactly like me. My MMC was at 11+6 on the 18th, then ERPC on 22nd. How weird!

:hugs:

My problem is I don't know my body yet to know what's normal! I had been on BCP and was only off it from October, had a period and got pregnant in December. I had also used clearblue OPK but I never got a smiley face to say I'd ovulated! I felt like AF was coming and it was only because I was a day late (was always regular both on and off pill) that I took a HPT and totally not expecting a positive!
Have tested and still negative so hoping the witch is on her way so we can get back to TTC.

Spooky how we were a day apart hanskiz, big :hugs:

Thanks ladies :flower:

XxX

Hi ladies

My ERPC was on 29th December - I was almost 10 weeks. I had some spotting on an off through most of January but my first real AF came on 9th Feb - so almost 6 weeks. I guess I might have ovulated before then but my HCG decreased quite slowly so OPKs would have been skewed. I think it varies so much from girl to girl though. Good lucl xx

still waiting here - 5weeks on. Thought it was on its way last night as I had crampy feeling but nope on waking. Hoping it will arrive soon and that I am not like my mum who told me it took her ages to get AF after any pregnancies (whether they went full-term or ended with a miscarriage).

I Had a D/C on Jan 31st
AF came March10 for first time
Cramps for a week previous but normal period.
Started with spotting for 1 day then 2 full days of med-heavy then DONE!

Had ERPC 23rd Dec
Bled/spotted for 24 days
I think my 1st Af arrived on 21st Jan only for 2 days and very light :shrug: Temps and OPKs were all over the place in January.
12th Feb AF heavier, but not painful and lasted for 4 days ( So could of been my 1st proper AF im not sure)

So there's no little hidden rule apart from just wait Urgh!

Thanks for replying ladies, hopefully this will help others also who are looking for answers :flower:
XxX

Hi
It took about 8 weeks for me to get my first af after an erpc in July, and when it came is was quite light, not the heavy painful one i expected. It was a very frustating and upsetting wait tho and through out i kept having feelings like i was pregnant again, which of course you so badly want to be, but all hpt were neg.
My first couple of cycles after were slightly shorter and lighter than usual too. Since then been gradually getting longer and back to 'normal'.
Hope it doesn't take so long for you... sounds like lots of poeple get there's back a straight 4 weeks later
x

Mine arrived about 5 weeks after miscarriage started and it was very different. I spotted for a day and that gradually got heavier. All brown. The flow turned to red and heavier on the third day and on fourth day like the first day of a normal period.

I am counting the first day of flow as day 1. Is that right? Oh also getting bad cramps from the day of spotting.

I think 4-6 weeks is average, although it took me 10 weeks after my first mc. I am at 4 weeks now after my second mc and still getting positive hpt so I know I'm nowhere close.

Mine arrived yesterday so that makes it 5.5 weeks since D&C. Really painful cramps yesterday and bright red - which is a bit unusual - normally I have spotting for a day or so before it starts really starts and it is not normally bright red straight up. Cramping is better today. So hopefully it is not too long.

Sorry to hear you are still getting +HPTs hopefulmama2b.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->