When to get Mirena removed to TTC?

Hermione394

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

So we are back on the band wagon for TTC in January 2016 :happydance:. I'm just waiting for clearance from a surgeon, which I'm 99% sure I'll get on January 7th.

I'm on Mirena now. We want to TTC as soon as I get my clearance...

Should I make my appointment to get it removed for January 8th now? Should I do it sooner? Later?

How does the process work for TTC after Mirena?

Thanks for all the help :flower::hugs:

I went to have my mirena out in the October but they could find the strings for a simple doctor visit so I had to wait for a hospital appointment for a more surgical removal. This came at the start of Dec so it was quite a wait and something to consider could happen.
Once I had it removed I didn't ovulate for 2 cycles worth, when my period finally came I o'd and we caught that month, tracked using ff. So it took 3 months ttc after removal. I would have it removed a good few months before ttc, so as soon as possible

I had my coil removed 3 months ago as they advise you allow your body to have a period before TTC. Also the hormones the mirena release can still be in your system for a while which can make TTC take a little longer, I'd get it removed a few months before and use condoms.

I had my mirena removed last month and my doctor advised waiting at least one, preferably two, cycles before TTC because mirena changes the lining of your uterus. Also, I would suggest getting it out before January if that's when you want to TTC because I personally felt terrible after getting mine removed. You should research the mirena crash just in case it happens to you so you aren't taken by surprise. I was nauseated, had sore boobs and other symptoms for almost two weeks. It felt like being preggers but I wasn't. Best of luck to you on your TTC journey!

I have the nexplanon implant in my arm which has been amazing honestly but getting it out has been hell!! I couldn't get it taken out at the same time as my well woman exam because insurance wouldn't cover it! When I finally was about to make the appointment they said I still need to call and make sure they cover it because it's considered a minor surgery in the office. I called and they cover it but sheesh! I have to wait a week for my appointment which is kind of annoying since it will literally probably only take two minutes to get out! We aren't TTC until December but I wanted to regulate my periods a little before and I'm glad I called way in advance because this has been a headache to deal with! I was kind of aggravated because it's like if I was just taking a pill I could just stop taking them! But with this I have to wait and wait and wait!! Gah!! So honestly I would call and see about getting it taken out now in case you have some road blocks in your way like I did!

So glad i read this!

Mines coming out tomorrow :blush: its past its 5 years now but i have to be scanned and have it removed as the doctors couldnt find it. Im absolutely crapping myself!

Honestly, it is not THAT bad... i was thinking the worst but it was just a little uncomfortable thats all. Mine was 'lost too', the strings are supposed to be visible but sometimes they get tucked up inside and the mirena a little dislodged so its impossible to see without a closer look at the hospital with a few more 'tools' haha sorry that probably doesnt make you feel any better but I was expecting something pretty bad and it was so much better than i feared. Not nice but not awful.

So glad i read this!

Mines coming out tomorrow :blush: its past its 5 years now but i have to be scanned and have it removed as the doctors couldnt find it. Im absolutely crapping myself!

Honestly, it is not THAT bad... i was thinking the worst but it was just a little uncomfortable thats all. Mine was 'lost too', the strings are supposed to be visible but sometimes they get tucked up inside and the mirena a little dislodged so its impossible to see without a closer look at the hospital with a few more 'tools' haha sorry that probably doesnt make you feel any better but I was expecting something pretty bad and it was so much better than i feared. Not nice but not awful.

It's ok lol! It came out successfully today, was painful and i have bled a lot today but honestly tonight i feel SO much better! Im so glad its over though as i nearly threw up :blush:

So glad i read this!

It's ok lol! It came out successfully today, was painful and i have bled a lot today but honestly tonight i feel SO much better! Im so glad its over though as i nearly threw up :blush:

I'm glad it all came out okay!

I'm thinking I might arrange to get mine out after my appointment..that way if for some ODD reason I'm not released to TTC, then I can cancel and keep the IUD in.

I'm just so excited to TTC...I've been working on my health for 2 1/2 years now to have a healthy pregnancy...and now I'm almost there!

Sounds like a good plan! You'll have to keep us posted xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->