When to give Pudding/dessert?

shampain

Mum to Patrick! :-)
Reaction score
What the title says really, Paddy is now on 3 meals a day and i was just wondering when to give him something for his afters? :baby:

I started at 7 months (weaned at 6 months) with mushed up/puree fruit. Single tastes to start with then tried fruits combined. Like Banana, apple, pear. (steaming/cooking apple and pear to sweeten and soften if not ripe) Then try banana and mango, apple cooked in apple juice/water with a cinnamon stick......bluberry and banana. Plum baby yogurts are a good buy. Also can buy fruit puree pots I think.

I'll be watching the thread for more inspiration as DD grows to want more variety too! xxx

Dessert isn't a daily thing still and my oldest is 6, it's a treat for us. They can sometimes have a snack after dinner/before bed but it's not always something sweet. Most of the time when they do have what we call dessert it's fruits, sometimes it will be a popsicle (most of the time it's one I made myself with fresh fruits), or sometimes a cookie, pudding, jello something like that. We didn't do anything with added sugar until they were over 1yr old though

I do it occasionally and sporadically :) Mostly with a fruit puree or a rice pudding nom nom 1 for amelie, 2 for mummy!

I do the following:
-a variety of fruit in a pot for him to pick and choose (his fav.)
-natural yoghurt with banana mashed up
-Ella's kitchen fruit pouch
-Organix rice pudding

Just some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g