when to give thicker/lumpier food?

Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
I'm doing BLW but with some puree and Rebecca has been munching on porridge for a couple of weeks now but not sure when to move onto the lumpier porridge?

should i just try her and see?

Give it a go hun, especially if you're combining it with BLW.

well just tried thicker/lumpier porridge and after the initial "Blergh" face she makes when she tries something new, she seemed to like it :happydance::happydance:

Hebe has regular porridge now! We dont give any purees now at all. Mashed stuff but nothing smooth :D

glad she took it well! we never did properly smooth purees, its always been mashed for us!

yeh all babies are different. On the jars and stuff it says to introduce lumpy bits at 7 months but my LO would choke on it !! but i introduced it every now & then slowly, and i think he started to eat it at 8 and half months !

I have just started doing chunkier stuff... I give boiled fruit mashed up with a fork, so it is lumpy, she didn't seem to have a prob with it at all! A few weeks ago she was gagging with lumps...

Its all when they are ready... you will know. If she is gagging or choking, she isn't ready. If she eats it fine, go for it.

I agree with Ryder, she will let you know once shes ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->