When to go Hosp

I believe its called the 511 rule? Every 5 minutes for an hour, each lasting at least a minute? Or something like that.. sorry i'm not too much help :(

Once they are regular- have been happening for 2 hours and they are lasting around a minute with about 3-4 minutes in-between was what I was told. It depends how far you are from hospital though, all I did was phone them and tell them how often and they tell you whether or not to go in.

Even if you phone and they're the right time apart, if they think you're coping with the pain ok they might recommend you try and hang on at home a bit longer, that's what happened with me. So best just to phone & see what they say :thumbup::flower:

Great question and good replies.. wanted to know myself x

always best to phone midwives anyway as they will be anticipating your arrival! x

Im sure I was told 3-5 mins, and not able to talk through the pain - that was with my first baby.
Not sure if it's diff for 2nd+ babies?

dont know sorry, I am hoping to stay at home for as long as poss though, figure that way they are less likely to say I am not progressing and want to try some kind of assisted delievery, we will see if I am still saying that when the time comes!

My midwives say

THREE contractions

every

TEN minutes

for at least

ONE hour

But still, at this point they say to call so they can speak to you directly and see how you're coping. If you're coping very well, they tell you to wait a little longer before going into hospital/birthing centre.

I was left EXTREMELY confused after my antenatal class as I was told;

3 contractions in 10 mins last for a min and that needs to of gone on for 4 hours
Your waters need to of also been gone 12 hours and then you ring the hospital and they'll book you in for another 12 hours after.
They also like you to go of had a bath, gone for a walk, had another bath, another short walk and then another bath.
Apparently we're also not meant to ring the hospital/MW until the 12 hours

3 contractions in 10 mins last for a min and that needs to of gone on for 4 hours
Your waters need to of also been gone 12 hours and then you ring the hospital and they'll book you in for another 12 hours after.
They also like you to go of had a bath, gone for a walk, had another bath, another short walk and then another bath.

neither of my labors have been 12 hours from start to finish, :wacko:

I am not sure about that, as I am sure sometimes your waters either need breaking or are broken by the baby actually coming. I maybe wrong, but I am sure I have herd of some ladies whose waters actually dont break before.

neither of my labors have been 12 hours from start to finish, :wacko:

Thats why i've been so confused. I have no idea what to think as everyone I have spoke to has said it sounds far to long to leave it. I'm worried about possibly ending up hurting myself or baby or having baby at home as i've waited too long.

At the parenting classes they said no time, just come in when the pain gets too much. They said not to go by the times of the contractions because they can be irregular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->