when to head to the ER

cherieb05

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hey ladies, Im 8 weeks pregnant and so so sick, I have been so sick since 6 weeks. Iv lost 4kgs already and my weight was already so low as it is.
I am vomiting every time I eat, or drink anything, Sometimes I manage a dry bit of toast and some fruit, I'm so incredibly weak and dizzy. My head is spinning, Feels like I am going to pass out even when laying down
Im at work, My boss wont give me time off, I really feel like I need help, whether it be medicine or whatever. I never felt like this with my 1st. I called my gyne but his on leave, The lady at the rooms basically said I have to suck it up and deal with It, that this is normal.
I really feel like going to the ER, I want to crawl up into a ball and not move :cry:

if you can't keep down solids or fluids, you need to go in on a drip, I was ill the other weekend, and two days was my cut off point, but not sure about other people xx

I think if you're not keeping fluids down and are feeling dizzy it might be worth going in or at least getting a Doctors opinion.

Hi

Sounds like it could be hyperemesis gravidarum, the more extreme sickness some ladies experience. It tends to need treatment in hospital with a drip as you'll become dehydrated if not.

If you're really struggling listen to your gut instinct.

X

thanks ladies, I called the hospital and they have asked me to come in to be admitted for IV fluids and nutrients. So will be leaving work in a few, I really feel so ill, I pray this starts to ease off,:(

:hugs: hopefully you will get some meds and get abit of relief, it's really awful xx

i had hypremisis with my daughter it was didgusting i was admitted at 10 weeks they then give me loads of sickness tabets and they really helped i was still sick but they made it not so regular and i found as soon as i got out of bed to eat some biscuits and get ready slowy eased it off as if i went straight out to work i would be sick so much more !!!! by 14 weeks i was feeling tonnes better so hope you will too :0

good luck at hosptial hopefully they get you sorted quickly x

Hi!
I had hyperemesis gravidarum with lo.
If your not keep any fluids down for 2 days then you need to go to the hospital.
I almost died from HG at 16 weeks as I went into cardiac arrest so its not to be taken lightly.
Glad you rang the hospital.
:hugs:

Oh wow, that's so scary, Its funny how some people like the lady at my gyne's office can take this so lightly and be so rude about it.

My Hubby is on his way to pick me up, Im so scared this stays throughout my pregnancy.

Thank you for all the responses ladies, Il let you all know how it goes:hugs:

i used too eat every single time i was sick aswell because not all of it comes back up and there fluid in food aswell try sips of water instead of gulps x

Sorry to read you are having such a rough time. It's very sensible to go to the hospital. I think, whenever in doubt, just go. The worst thing they can do is send you away (which I think is highly unlikely in your case!) but it's not worth risking the consequences.

SBL- did you have a cardiac arrest or a heart attack ?

was it due too you been so dyhyrdated?x

SBL- did you have a cardiac arrest or a heart attack ?

was it due too you been so dyhyrdated?x

I was on the verge of cardiac arrest. Liver & kidneys shut down. I had a seizure at home. I ended up in ICU.
I have no memory of anything as all of my body had began to shut down. I couldn't even speak a simple yes or no.
Yes all down to dehydration and extremely low potassium. The lowest my hospital had ever recorded without the patient going on to die later.

good god :( what a horrible experience so glad you and your baby are okay now xxxx

Thank you hun. It was hard on my dh and family as they knew I was dying whereas I wasnt aware.
I was very lucky I got to the hospital when I did.
xxx

aww bless you just glad it was a happy ending for you xxxx

Hey ladies. So im still in the hospital. Still having iv fluids. They picked up a uti aswell. I will be discharged tomorrow and im sure he will book me off so I can get some rest this week. They gave me stuff to stop the vomiting and I managed to eat a bit today. Only brought up once. I still feel nauseas. They also checked the baby. Peanut looks good and we got to hear the heart beat. The doc is sure this will end around 12 weeks. So I am holding onto that hope. Feeling very emotional today. :(

Your work won't let you have time off? Pffft just leave if your not well Hun. As others have said it sounds like sever morning sickness, the sort that I can't spell. Kate Midilton had it and that what she was admitted to hospital for. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Hugs of health

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->