when to introduce snacks?

fein&waiting

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Gid's has been on 3 meals a day for some time now, and has 3 bottles a day (only recent since we are only now stopping nursing, at his refusal!) He has 6oz's in the morning, 4-6 oz's about an hr after lunch and then 8-9 oz's before bed. I can't see when i would be able to fit in a snack, as i had to cut out a milk feed for him to take decent amounts of each meal, and also because he has mild reflux, i find he can still be quite sicky, especially if fed too much which is one of my worries. I can;t see him needing a snack!! so wondering when and why ppl have introduced them?

I give Tabitha snacks sometimes maybe if we're out, either rusks, biscuits, bread or fruit.. She just enjoys playing with them and getting to feel independent. :)

i give katie snacks every now and again, normally at my mum's or if i'm eating something she wants a bit of (she had some pitta bread at lunch time). i dont think you need to give nacks til about 1year tho when you drop the milk feeds in the day xx

I have the same problem. I need to start giving snacks though as my LO has a healthy appetite and is now wants to eat more in one meal than his little stomach can digest.

So far he just gets his teething biscuits inbetween meals, but I'm looking for other ideas. He is unfortunately not to keen on finger foods like pieces of fruit or rice cakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->