When to remove stains on hand me downs

borr.dg.baby

Mom of 2 and pregnant!
Reaction score
ok so weird question!

We got a lot of clothes from friends for our baby boy! So happy because we wont have to buy anything really. The clothes were stored so naturally they have yellow stains on them.

I know how to remove the stains, my question is: If I start removing stains right now and keep the clothes in the dresser will the yellow stains come back before baby is born? It's a lot of clothes and the stain removing is a lengthy task so I wonder I can start now rather than later, and then just washing them again normally around 35+ weeks???? Sorry lol I am a little OCD! :thumbup:

No the stains will not come back since they'd be freshly cleaned and only stored for a few months as opposed to many months/years.

Out of curiously as I'm giving away boy clothes to my pregnant sister and I don't want to give them to her all dirty, what are you using to get rid of the stains!?

Curious too! I buy a lot of second hand since babies grow so fast, seem worthless to buy all new!

I find that a scoop of Vanish Gold powder in the washing machine works wonders. It's not nasty for the little ones either.

I've found in the past that soaking in vanish gold (if they are whites then a soak overnight) washing with non bio & then hanging out to dry in the sun.

The marks shouldn't come back over night or anything but I'd probably leave it until 3rd tri to work on getting the stains out.

Thanks everyone! I've soaked them overnight in oxyclean (vanish works too) with hot water. Then I threw them in the wash and hanged them to dry in the sun! All came off even some onesies that she had gotten as hand me downs from a 9 year old! I think I'll just remove stains from NB and then in a few months from 0-3, I think since they'll be stored in the dresser and I keep on looking at them and folding them :cloud9: they should be fine :haha:

I think that's perfect! Once you get all the stains out, maybe give them one fast wash in dreft detergent once you get closer to your due date so they smell all baby like and get soft again. I know oxyclean can be a bit harsh but it works wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->