when to start exercise after birth

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
I know im only 2 wks PP but im wondering when I can start using my cross trainer again as I miss exercise. I walked everywhere during pregnancy sometimes 2+miles a day so kept ok in fitness. Iv been out alot pushing the baby in his pushchair which is a work out in itself :haha: But I would love to get back to a proper work out. I feel fine (not sore anymore) but am not sure when is ok to start adding some exercise into my day. Im not going to do 2hr long sessions just 30 mins a few days a week. Should I wait til im 6wks PP and have had my check up or would next week or the week after be ok to start?

Hey....huge congrats! He's gorgeous. Hoe was the birth?

I waited 6wk before doing bare walking. i think walking alone is enough fir your body at this time x

birth was fine. water broke at 930pm and he arrived at 622am. Just gas and air and all my own work:haha::cloud9: thanks for the advice :flower:

Very smooth & straight forward brilliant!
Do you know how much gained or didnt gain?

just wieghed myself. I was 12st 7lbs at start of pregnancy and now 11st 9lbs :happydance: I gained about 1st so about 2st lost since birth :wacko: crazy eh? Only need to lose another 2st to get to goal :happydance:

Congratulations for a cute baby! Walking will be a good start but don't over stress yourself.

Very good idea to wait until you get the go ahead at the the 6 week post-partum check-up. And walking, swimming, yoga, etc are probably good things to start with - gentle workouts to warm your body up slowly.
One of the risks to hitting the gym too hard too soon after birth is that your joints are all still stretched out with the relaxin hormone, so you can give yourself a serious injury if you aren't careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->