When to stop my pill and take vits?

ducky1502

Reaction score
We have a gorgeous 7 month old and we have decided to NTNP from end of sept to end of dec this year. We are getting married in may so before then and I will be giving birth at the wedding and afterwards I'm at risk of not being far enough along in the pregnancy to not be throwing up every day (had severe MS with son until 20wks). So we have 3 months of NTNP. So when do I stop taking my pill? I was thinking the end of august, then I will have a withdrawal bleed, then a month until my first real period which will be end of sept. Is this right?

Also, when should I start taking vitamins?

As far as I can tell there is absolutely no harm in taking the vitamins early. Make the most of the next 3 for 2 offer in Boots and stock up. They recommend 3 months worth of supply before conceiving anyway. As for the pill, I have been off my bcp since April, and no BFP's yet. Since you have such a specific time wondow in which you want to try I would suggest coming off it early and then using barrier protection until you feel ready to go the whole hog and NTNP.

Also don't forget to consider, if you are going on a honeymoon, any restrictions against travel when pregnant, visiting countries with tropical diseases, and any recommended vaccines, tablets etc. you would need for those places which you perhaps wouldn't be able to take if you are pregnant. HTH's.

Yeah me and OH were talking about it and I may come off the pill earlier. If we dont conceive by the end of this year then I will go back on the pill until after out wedding and then fully TTC.

Chances are that we wouldnt have a honeymoon straight after the wedding anyway as our son will be less than 18months old and dont really want to leave him. Chances are we would book a nice family holiday for later on or something. We are asking for money as gifts for a 'honeymoon' so could just put that by in a savings accound until we can all go together.

We figured that if we keep waiting until the 'perfect' time to try for no.2 then our son will be at school before we know it and we want a small age gap.

I guess taking prenatal vits 2/3 months before actually trying for a baby cant be a bad thing can it?!

I agree with NotNic, stop the pill now and use barrier protection. "They" say it takes around 3 months for the pill to get out of your system. Go ahead and start the prenatals now as they won't do you any harm, if you don't want to pay for the prenatals you can always take two Flinstones vitamins and get the same effect. Good luck when the time comes and congratulations on your impending nuptials.

Best of luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding! My doc put me on vitamins straight away. I went off the pill in the beginning of June and was on vitamins while finishing my BC. But it's vitamins so I really don't think they'd hurt if you started taking them earlier. GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->