When to stop Progesterone?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by moodie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. moodie

moodie Member

At the moment I am taking Prometrium (Progesterone) in my 2WW and am not clear on when I should stop taking it. This is my first time taking it. Will I get AF while still taking the Prometrium and then stop or do I test and if I get :bfn: then stop. Please help.

2. moodie

moodie Member

Anybody know what I should do?

3. HatterasSarah

HatterasSarah Mom of 1 boy =)

Im pretty sure if you have a progesterone deficiency, you're supposed to take it until your 12-16 weeks. Was this just to help your cycle? or to help for when you get pregnant?

4. moodie

moodie Member

I'm taking it in hopes that it will stop my 4-5 days of brown spotting before my AF with a end result of a :bfp:. I'm just wondering if I would still get AF while on the progesterone?

5. moodie

moodie Member

I called the nurse and she said keep taking the progesterone until AF arrives. Just tested on CD30 and :bfn: but no AF. Can anyone confirm?

6. HatterasSarah

HatterasSarah Mom of 1 boy =)

Gosh I wish I knew more about this so I could help you out...I really just dont have a clue. I hope you get some answers soon!