When to stop supplements after ov?

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi

I'm taking agnus castus (vitex) and starflower oil (like evening primrose oil) to balance my hormones and regulate my cycle following a mc in January.

I'm not 6dpo and still taking them, along with my prenatal and vit b. my question is when and how do you recommend I stop taking them incase I get my bfp?

I've heard you shouldn't just stop them all suddenly, incase your progesterone drops or hormones imbalance again and shortens my lp (I had a very short lp last cycle) so that I end of having a chemical if my egg did get fertilised.

BUT I know neither are good to take if pregnant and I'm petrified of having another mc.

Any tips?! Do I go cold turkey now? Or maybe start taking ac one day starflower the next for a few days and then stop? If I were pregnant it wouldn't have implanted yet so shouldn't be getting anything from me?

Or shall I keep taking until I get a bfp or af?

I'm not sure about vitex, but if the starflower oil is anything like EPO then I would stop taking it now. I was told to stop taking EPO after ovulation as it can cause uterine contractions.

Curious what others have to say...

Thanks beachy, ill stop the starflower today.

Anyone else on vitex? Loads of girls on here take during first tri but the box says dont take if ttc or pregnant. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->