When to switch to a normal bed?

animocks

Attempting for another.
Reaction score
When do you think is a good time to switch to a normal bed from a crib?

My son is 1 1/2 now and we are thinking of buying him a racecar bed for Christmas. But I hear it should be around the 2 year mark. So was just curious what your opinion is.

Hiya :hi:

My son is 2 yrs and 3 months, he's still in his cot bed.

My neice who is the same age has just moved to a normal bed and she's doing really well in it, but her parents were having trouble getting her to sleep in her cot.

I think it's whenever feels right for you, someone once gave me the advice of leave them in the cot as long as possible - it saves a lot of trouble of them getting up on a night!!

We are thinking of putting Finlay in his bed soon, I can just picture him clambering into our bed in the early hours of the morning which is putting me off!!!

Thanks for the response.

That is what I am fearing also. I dont think hes really ready for it because he will constantly crawl out of bed and I know it will be much harder for him to go to sleep. Think its kind of like I am trying to rush him into growing up thats why I want to put him in a bed already.

Guess the only way to tell is to go for it though. :)

hi mine will be 2 end of jan and still in cot bed,... :crib:

Kacy has been in a bed since she was 14 months old, and she is nearly 2, she hated having the bars on her cot in the morning, but before she was 1 she used to sit happily in her cot talking to her self and her teddys, Kacy walks in to our room in the morning, and wakes us up but it so cute, its when you think your child is ready really

amber was in her own bed around 14 months with a bed guard daniel was about 18 months thomas was bout 18 months also they took to it quite well

I can't remember how old Kayleigh was, but Charlie's 14 months and nowhere near ready yet. He's a real wriggler, and tends to end up the opposite end of the bed than he started!:dohh:

Charlie was about 15 months. She has slept so much better since! She has fallen out once, but the bed is very low.
It has been great for us, and she adapted to it straight away.

I took Jacks bars off his Cotbed when he was around 18 months old
Luckily we have had no problem with him settling at night, its just day time naps he is like a yoyo
We decided as he is a wriggler and was waking himslef up by hitting the bars

I don't think there is a set age really just go with your gut feeling on it as you are going for a funky bed he might be very receptive to it
Good luck

Ella was 18 months old when we took her bars off and we put on a bed guard, at first tbh we had a bit of a nightmare and she wasnt going down at night too well but this was only for a short while and now she climbs up the stairs and gets into bed herself and asks for her bottle when she is tired its really sweet. If you think your LO is ready then go for it xxx

Hailey was 12 months (so just 1 year) we bought a cheep toddler bed that sits on the floor thats got a wood frame..
She didn't fall off it nor tryed getting out of it..
She now knows how to get in and out of bed on her own and shes 18 months now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->