• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

when to tell oh mum and dad?

ozzie24

mum of spencer+ thomas
Reaction score
well its like this, im pnly 5w but he wants to tell his mum and dad already witch would be fine but they wasnt very happey with the last 2 times (eptopic+mc) they still treat him like a 14 year old boy. hes 26 and we are getting married on the 10/04/10. we already have one kid each so its not like we dont no what we are doing or anything.
right rant over lol when are you all telling people?

We told our parents immediately, but no one else will know until after my first scan in January. Don't worry about their reaction hun, it's your decision how you live your life. My MIL was complaining that I'm not allowing her to tell people yet, but it's my decision and she can like it or lump it as far as I'm concerned.

PS - congrats.

thank you. we have an early scan on the 30th december so we was going to tel them then but i dont think he can wait. hes gone over with the kids today wilst im at work and im worried. i no i shouldnt be as we both realy want this. my mum knows already but she guessed as iv broke out in spots and really bloted like i was with my first.
iv got some friends that have been trying for a year and im not lokking forward to tell them as this was our first month ttc.
good luck on your scan x

Hi ozzie, we told Hubbys parents at 7 weeks and mine at 10 weeks.We werent waiting for any particular reason but just when ever the time was right.

Its easier said than done but try not to think about MIL, she can keep her opinions to herself! You and your partner are obv very pleased and excited so dont let it ruin your happiness! xx

Hey, me and DH told both our parent's and siblings straight away but will not be telling anyone else untill the 12 week scan. Which hopefully isn't that far away now hehe.
Don't worry about what they say!!!! xx

We had decided that we was going to wait untill 12w & after the scan but I have said I think it would be nice to tell his nana on christmas day when we go out for our lunch. His nana (and grandad who dies two years ago) pratically brought him & his sister up. She has a form of dementia & is kinda giving up on life, not eating etc & i thought this might give her something to live for. I said if we well his family on christmas day then i would like to tell mine to. We thought about it a bit but we still havent decided just yet, on christmas day i will still oly be 9 weeks.

I am a little nervous about telling my family, I know they will be over the moon but my mum really wanted me to get married first & this is kinda gona put that to bed for a while. I work with my sister. we have worked together for years but the comapny we worked for went in to liquidation & the new company we both work for we have only been employed for a month & its really not exactly the right time especially for me as i wont get full meternity pay.

but i never planned this, we wernt ttc & things just happen for a reason.

We are telling my hubby's parents this weekend and I'm about 10 weeks.

Then we are telling my parents next weekend and I'll be just over 11 weeks at that point.

argghhh I don't know!! Although I don't think my inlaws are going to be over excited, they aren't going to be disappointed either, so that's not a problem with us. My main problem is that I don't think my family are able to keep the secret! But there are a few things that make me think we are going to have to tell them soon! x

We wanted to wait until after the 12-week scan and give everybody a nice surprise for Christmas by sending them cards with a copy of the scan pic in. For the most part, we've managed to stick to this, but I accidentally let slip to my mum that I'd gone off coffee and she started to twig. A few days later, she lost a beloved pet and was so distraught that I decided to give her the good news. I think I was about 7 weeks then.

I haven't seen my dad for several years, but I may use this as an opportunity to get in touch again. That will be well after the scan though.

None of hubby's family know yet, so hopefully we'll be able to keep the surprise. He doesn't speak to them very often, so it's been easy to keep quiet. He didn't want to tell work till after 12 weeks either, but I've been so ill with nausea and he's wanted to stay home and take care of me so he decided to tell one supervisor. Luckily she's really supportive and has told all the other supervisors that if he asks for some time off to give it to him but not ask why. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"