when to test for bfp after miscarriage

laura.x.x

Reaction score
I don't have much experience in really TTC and charting/ when to test etc as I've been lucky in the past with getting pregnant (of course that doesnt matter when you can't stay pregnant)

But just wondered how long after a miscarriage to use a pregnancy test? (I've done some recently to make sure i get negatives and dont get any false positives in the future) Obviously I realise its too early atm but any opinions?? x x

Once you have a negative test after a MC I suppose you can test any time for a BFP and when you do it will be a proper BFP. But try and monitor your cycle so you're not wasting money on testing when it isn't needed.

Have you had your first AF after your miscarriage yet?

Hi,

I think if you've already tested negative, then if you have been dtd then a positive test means you have a new pregnancy.

How long ago was your mc? hope you dont mind me asking?

xmagsx :hugs:

My miscarriage was 3 weeks ago, hoping to get a bfp without getting af!! If i get my af, ill start with the ovulation tests and actually knowing stuff, but hoping to just get lucky! x x

Well i'd count the day of your miscarriage/D&C as day one of your cycle and don't bother testing until about day 30-35 as after miscarriage your cycle can sometimes be a bit longer.

My miscarriage was 3 weeks ago, hoping to get a bfp without getting af!! If i get my af, ill start with the ovulation tests and actually knowing stuff, but hoping to just get lucky! x x

Well it can happen!! I'll keep my fx'd for you, :kiss:

I've just been reading another thread, I won't say who lol, and that lovely lady got her :bfp: 4 weeks and 4 days after her mc! Wow! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->