when to test on clomid

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by PrayerfulHope, Dec 23, 2009.

1. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I did OPK but I never got a positive, though I've heard this is quite common on clomid. I haven't been temping because i've moved across the world (from Japan to the USA) and sleep has been off and on at weird times and no thermometer so I don't know if or how many DPO I am.. I have cycles that range from 26-56 days in length off of clomid but I don't know what it would be after clomid so I don't know what to test.. I heard to wait until CD 28 but that seems so early to me (since I have such a long cycle normally!!) so when should I take one?

2. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

Have you any idea when you O'd roughly? The rule of thumb, and of course everyone is different so not much of a rule, is that O can occur about 5 days after the last clomid dose, I know others who have O'd cd17+ on it though, you would have to say 18 days past the last time you bd around suspected O date would give you an accurate result. Fingers crossed its done the trick for you!xxx:hugs:

3. sonyabazonya

sonyabazonya Well-Known Member

Try on the 28th or the 30th, if you get a bfn and still dont see af, try again after a week... Good luck!!!!

4. laura6914

laura6914 Proud mummy #2 on the way

Hey hun. Im also on my first round of clomid. I OVd on CD11. When did you start using your OPKs as i spoke with someone on this site who OVd on CD5 whilst on clomid. As wannab said the rule is that you OV from 5-10 days after you take the lat tablet but everone is different. I would perhaps leave it like the others said until the 30th and test. Did you have any signs they may have been OV signs, increased CM, OV pains ect?

xx

5. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I ovulated late on clomid (cd18) and got a bfp on cd26, however I accept that that is pretty early.

Are you having cd21 (or 7dpo) bloods to confirm that you ovulated?

Best of luck with the the BFP! X

6. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I'm in the midst of a move across the world and haven't been able to get my bloods done correctly this month.. I guess I'll have to wait quite a while longer, I got a BFN this morning! :(

7. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

Oh and I did OPK starting on CD 10 since you aren't supposed to take them while on the drug, so I started them the day after the last clomid pill.. and went all the way through cd 21 with OPK's. *sigh*