When to test with irregular periods.

LeviAva

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

My OH and I decided for one night to NTNP. This is our first time NTNP, I don't have regular periods and never have, how long would I have to wait before doing a pregnancy test, as I don't know when to expect my period?

You can test 10-14 days after ovulation but if you don't know when you've ovulated, it would be pretty hard to give you an exact day of when to test. Were you experiencing fertile CM on the night you had unprotected sex? Was it watery or egg-whitey? I guess you could assume that sperm will survive in your vagina for up to four days and you could test 14 days after that so wait 18 days since unprotected sex to test?

Your profile signature on the left says you're already pregnant though??

Sorry didn't realise i had done that, changed it now.

It's been 10 days since unprotected sex. To be honest i wouldn't be able to say, i think trying to remember it may have been a little watery.

Thank you.
I Will try and wait at least 8 days. need something to distract me now lol

I have irregular periods and never know when to test. I'm wasting far too many tests.

I'm not allowing myself to test until the 21st! I will be on day 34. I would wait until day 40 as my last 2 cycles have been 39 days, but I want to have a couple of pimms on my girly lunch. Only if I'm not pg of course. Xx

When i was younger i never thought of keeping a record of my cycles, i just didnt think. I wish i had now, as i totally have no idea. I can go 2-3 months without a period and sometimes i have had 2 in one month. In the past I liked it that way, didn't have to deal with times of the month as often as others but when it comes to baby making it is rather annoying. My last one was over a month ago, if not over 6 weeks ago. I will try and wait with you then, it's very hard though.

When i was younger i never thought of keeping a record of my cycles, i just didnt think. I wish i had now, as i totally have no idea. I can go 2-3 months without a period and sometimes i have had 2 in one month. In the past I liked it that way, didn't have to deal with times of the month as often as others but when it comes to baby making it is rather annoying. My last one was over a month ago, if not over 6 weeks ago. I will try and wait with you then, it's very hard though.

I know what you mean, I used to love having 3 day light periods once every 2 months. But it is really frustrating now. I guess in some ways I'm less stressed about doing it at a particular time as I have no idea when that time is.

I find it so hard not to test early but I'm being strict with myself this month! Lol

Good luck. Xx

i have irregular periods too so i wont test until im in CD40+

XXX

Before I started temping my rule was I would test if I hadn't seen AF for 8 weeks, and then ever 4 weeks after that. Thankfully since we've been ttc my longest cycle was only about 11 weeks, but before I went on birth control my longest had been like 6 months (and was then brought on by meds), 2nd longest 17 weeks!!! I wasn't having sex then though so I knew I wasn't pg

i also have an irregular period. came off the nuvaring in january.. had a period in february march, ,then 46 days later may! i'm on cd3 now. quite annoying

I thought i was having period pains two days ago, cramping etc, but nothing has come of it as of yet. I am going to hold off testing until around the 19th latest, as it's my brothers birthday on the 19th so will be going out that evening.

Had sore boobs/nipples the last few days which i never get. And today i just noticed light spotting, whether it will get heavier or not, Is it worth me testing tomorrow morning? I was going to hold off until thursday.

update: did a test this morning and it was a bfn

I just said on another thread that I give it at least a week to two weeks before i test, I once had a period that was a whole month late, and then after that period was done and dusted I conceived! but still had to do 3 tests in total before I got my final positive :)

i wont test untill cd 60+ because my cycles are schitzophrenic! i wasted soooo much money in the begining of ttc!!! i have had one test for a few months now and every time im tempted i force myself to wait and sure enough i dont need it. when i do use it lets hope its a lucky one :)

should test 21 days after unprotected sex, if your really not sure when your due af.:thumbup:

I've not had AF for over 6 months so I'm guessing with cm and ov pains. Testing around 14-16dpo. GL xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->