When to worry about reduced movement?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I'm feeling really worried but I'm not sure if I even have anything to worry about. :wacko:

I'm 25 weeks with a little boy and the last few days, he seems to be moving less. I've been doing kick counts and he'll move 10 times in an hour. But he doesn't seem to be moving quite as much during times when he's normally active and his movements don't seem quite as strong.

So because I'm not in third tri yet and since LO is still moving and meeting the requirements of the kick counts, I'm not sure if there's actually anything to worry about. I have really high anxiety about this pregnancy since it's my first pregnancy after multiple losses, so maybe I am just paranoid?

My OH told me he would bring me in to the hospital or my doctor's office tomorrow morning if I need to go. But I'm not sure I do.

Also, would it be unreasonable for me to call my doctor and ask for an appointment/ultrasound just to get some reassurance if there isn't an actual reason to go in?

I'm sorry if this seems like a jumped mess ladies. I'm just confused and worried.

I thought it was around 28 weeks but if you are worried I would ring your doctor.

I don't think they will scan you unless it's seen as absolutely necessary but they can certainly monitor the heartbeat etc x

I'd call - not because I think there will be a problem - but to put your mind at rest. I'm sure the midwives have it all the time and they can hear the heartbeat quickly and make you feel better x

Maybe his routine is changing? But if you want just call and the midwives will bring you in to listen to his heartbeat. When my girl was moving like crazy ALL day then not at all the next I panicked and all was fine. Theres no harm in calling up & asking :)

Hi,
I rang at 24 weeks, as my little one wasnt moving so much :wacko: she said well we dont do anything until after 25 weeks - and we would only listen in which I did so I knew there was a HB but my worry was want else might have been going on... No help really, but I laid on my side and she did start to move.... but must say now shes moves so much more, deffo more regular , but id ring see what they say its a worry for us xx

Currently wondering this myself. Having a busy day at work, but when I stop for breaks things still seem quite quiet. Just had lunch so waiting for wriggles now.

Thank you for all the replies. :flower:

I checked on LO with my doppler and his heart rate was right where it normally is, so I decided to wait a little longer to see if there were any changes. Lo and behold he started moving like crazy after that and hasn't stopped since. :) He must have just had a lazy day.

Little beggars like to worry us don't they!?

This one decided to wait until I was home and then gave it everything they've got, to the point where it actually hurt! Reassured but sore inside out!

Little beggars like to worry us don't they!?

This one decided to wait until I was home and then gave it everything they've got, to the point where it actually hurt! Reassured but sore inside out!

That does seem to be the way it goes. This baby is going to fit right in with his siblings if he's already enjoying making me worry. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->