When to worry about spotting and bleeding?

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

So, I am pregnant after an IUI and 3 1/2 years of infertility. I am currently 7+1 weeks pregnant.

At 5+5, I had bright red bleeding. It wasn’t enough that I had to wear anything to catch it, but it was there off and on for about 24 hours and at one point there was enough that it was a stream in the bottom of the toilet. This was concerning, and I got checked out, and everything was on track. This bleeding did stop after the 24 hours with no cramping or anything.

At 6+4, we saw a healthy heartbeat.

Yesterday, at 7 weeks exactly, I had some light pink spotting. It lasted for about 10 minutes. Should I worry?

Unfortunately you’re one of the unlucky people who have spotting during their pregnancies. I was the same way and I always said it was my baby’s way of preparing me for all of the worries of motherhood!

Something that helped me was when I was told you don’t need to be concerned unless you’re filling a pad an hour with blood. That’s a looooot of bleeding. Spotting on the other hand is relatively common and can come from so many different things. For myself I had a sensitive cervix and I had bleeding throughout the first tri and again at 28 weeks. I had a healthy little boy.

You won’t be able to relax completely until it goes away, but just remember spotting is normal and the majority of the time is nothing to be worried about :)

You could probably hear baby’s heartbeat on a doppler in a few weeks. I bought one and if I ever had spotting I’d find the baby’s heartbeat and it was very reassuring.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I had spotting a some bright red bleeding in my other two pregnancies from about 5-8 weeks. Both resulted in healthy boys xx

I've never had beeding, but with my dd I had pink spotting after sex in 1st tri. I also had a subchorionic hematoma with her that resolved. The dr told me I might see some spotting and not to be alarmed unless it turned heavy, bright red and strong cramps.

I had bright red bleeds a few times at the beginning of my pregnancy and then pink. (After 8 weeks, I was lucky enough to not have anything anymore). In my case, I still went to my doctor, got the echo and whatnot, but we had a beautiful HB at 7 weeks and 6 days and a baby measuring perfectly.

I have friends who bled (and I mean, like they needed a pad) their whole pregnancy and nothing was wrong with the baby or the pregnancy! Sometimes, it just happens. I also say it's best to get it check to be safe, but it's not like every time a pregnant lady bleeds = bad thing. But obviously, it stresses us out, and that's normal!

:hugs:

Thank you so much, ladies! I appreciate your reassurance. After that few minutes of very faint pink spotting, I haven’t had any more bleeding. I’m hoping it was just nothing! I go for another scan in a week. I’m not too terribly worried. I do get concerned about a missed miscarriage, but I try not to dwell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->