When were your first scans ??

Pearl

Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you know, i have to wait until after the new year just to book an appointment with the doctor let alone have my scan :( ... I have to be patient i guess and mean while hope all is well.

So i just wanted to know how far gone in your pregnancy were you when you found out you was preggers?

And then how soon after did u have your doctors appointment??

And thereafter how long did it take for the docs to book you for your scan ?? (how many weeks was you when you had your first scan?)

(Oh and is the midwife appointment the same as the scan one - in the hospital ?)

Everyone share their experiences in accordance with the questions pleassseee :D

Thanks

I found out I was prego at around 6 weeks and then had my first docs appointment at 10 weeks

So i just wanted to know how far gone in your pregnancy were you when you found out you was preggers?

I think around 7 weeks

I saw an ER doctor the same week I found out cause of morning sickness. but didn't have a doctor appointment till 14 weeks

And thereafter how long did it take for the docs to book you for your scan ??
I was booked for Dec 26 so I'm still waiting for it

I think around 7 weeks

I saw an ER doctor the same week I found out cause of morning sickness. but didn't have a doctor appointment till 14 weeks

And thereafter how long did it take for the docs to book you for your scan ??
I was booked for Dec 26 so I'm still waiting for it

wow, how comes you're waiting so loong !??

i was 5 weeks pregnant when i found out

had first doctors appointment at 6 weeks

12 weeks at first scan which is standard in UK

midwife is seperate to scan i had my first midwife at 9 weeks but this is the UK not sure where ur from xxx

found out when i was 4 weeks and about 3 days

first doctors appointment at 5+4 weeks (last week)

Doc said midwife will be in touch at around the end of Jan and my scan will be mid feb. (i'm in the UK too btw, 12 weeks is standard for the first scan here)

found out when i was 4 weeks and about 3 days

first doctors appointment at 5+4 weeks (last week)

Doc said midwife will be in touch at around the end of Jan and my scan will be mid feb. (i'm in the UK too btw, 12 weeks is standard for the first scan here)

im in the uk too so thanks.
so the midwife appointment is that in the hospital ? then followed by the scan a few weeks after ??

im in the uk too so thanks.
so the midwife appointment is that in the hospital ? then followed by the scan a few weeks after ??

we have the community midwives based in my doctors surgery so mine will be in there but if your midwife is hospital based then yea i'd assume it was in there. The doc also said i'd meet my consultant at my scan, which is a couple of weeks after the midwife appointment.

From what i believe ( a friend of mine is recently pregnant with her #2 and is around 20 weeks) she said that the first midwife visit is mainly paperwork. Taking a note of family medical history, blood samples etc. Nothing too exciting.

My doctors appointment was uneventful too, dont be too disappointed with it.
I went in, told him i got a + HPT and he said congratulations, asked me to fill out a form for him to refer me to the midwife. Gave me a maternity exemption application form which i've to fill out and give to midwife when i see her. He calculated how far along i was based on my last period, asked if i was taking folic acid and said see you later! The didnt even do a test, but i guess home tests are pretty accurate these days.

Saw gp at 7 weeks , she referred me for a scan around 10/12 weeks. Saw community midwife after pregnancy was confirmed viable at scan. Filled in alot of paperwork with her, took nearly an hour!

i found out i was pregnant around 4-5week had my 1st doctors app about 5weeks and mid-wife app is booked for 23th jan and i will be round 9-10 weeks then i think

I found out of was pregnant at 4 weeks And I had to change Dr's being my OB would not see me because im high risk because i have Crohns Disease So with the holiday and also changing insurance the first available I could get was Jan 2 ill be about 9 1/2 weeks and im hoping ill have a scan from what im reading seems like i will. And this seems to be normal timing too.
Good Luck :) :headspin:

so how far gone was you when u had your scan ??

My scan (ultrasound) was done during my first appointment at 10 weeks; that's when they checked for a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->